Steak 'n Shake Enterprises / service

Walked in to many dirty tables. Two employees talking about their evening plans instead of cleaning tables. Finally, sat the people in front of us and told another table she will be right with them to take food and drink order. Then began clean a table for us. Upon seating us we pointed out an extremely dirty floor under and around the table she sat us at. "I'm sorry I've got a table to wait on you'll just have to deal with it." This is an apaulling response. Filthy floor in the window and drink area. One of the poorest experiences I have ever had a steak and shake. It isn't pleasant that the floor is dirty but we understand being busy. If she had I'm so sorry if you just give me a min I will grab it for you. Instead we were provided with an excuse why she wouldn't be able to get to it the entire time we are here. There are two servers working with seven active tables. They should be able to handle that with out a problem and a mess on every open table.

Layla was our server this evening. I hope for better next time if there is a next time.

Steak 'n Shake Enterprises