Steak 'n Shake Enterprises / general management

1 Moline, IL, United States

My name is Maria Gonzalez-Davis and I am a former employee and I got hired when I was 16 turning 17 and I really enjoyed working there. I was a very good worker never really complained even though they would scheduled me 4 hours and I worked almost 8 it never bothered me. I was a good loyal worker they asked me to pick up shifts I was there I worked and come on time and never no-showed and I told my boss Salvador that I couldn't work major holidays, there for I couldn't work Christmas they continued to scheduled me on Christmas I told him I couldn't work and that Christmas is big thing in our family and they still kept me on the schedule, even though I told them I couldn't work. The manager, Salvador still wanted me to come in on Christmas day. I didn't go in because my mom wouldn't let me remind you I am 17 and I live with my family and Christmas is very important to our family. 2 days later I called and asked when I was scheduled, they told me I was still scheduled so I planed to go in I got a text from a former employee saying that I was fired so, i called and asked and they said no I was still on the scheduled so I started to get ready for work and got another text from the same former employee saying that she talked to the General manager, Salvador and he told her I no longer worked for them. I called again asking to speak to him and told them I was told by an employee I was fired, then they took a while I never got to speak to the GM but they finally told me I was fired. I believe that this is an unprofessional way of telling some one they were fired and also the reasoning behind it unexceptionable.

Ma