State Farm Insurance / state farm auto insurance / claim division

Recently, my step daughter was hit from behind by a driver that was pulling into a gas station at a high rate of speed and probably not paying attention. My stepdaughter was slowly backing up at the time (as she is a safe driver... no accidents, no tickets, after logging 10, 000 plus miles). She was backing up after seeing that it was all clear, but she did not see the rapidly approaching vehicle that was turning into the lot (again at a high rate of speed). She heard a beep from the back-up camera's warning device and quickly stepped on the brake to stop (she was moving at approximately 2 miles per hour, backing away from a gas pump). The car that hit her was going somewhere between 15 and 20MPH or possibly more. There was damage to the back bumper of her van... minimal, but visible. Approx. $900 worth of damage. The women who hit my stepdaughter's van apologized profusely... and said she was "sorry for hitting her". She handed over her insurance card (also State Farm) to exchange information and then left the scene, and once again apologizing for the hitting her. My step-daughter called our insurance agent immediately from the site of the fender bender... to start a claim. And she also called my wife and I... and we were all on the line with her and our agent, as my stepdaughter gave a detailed statement about what had happened). It was a multi-way conversation and the agent said that it would be handled quickly and professionally. Then a State Farm agent called her later that day at the house to review her statement about what happened and take it for a second time. My wife and I are both witnesses to that phone call. My stepdaughter told the agent that she was very slowly backing up, 2 MPH.. with her foot on the brake...heard a beep, came to a quick stop and was hit from behind by car that came in at a high rate of speed. I thought it would be a quick resolution, but it was not. After weeks and numerous calls to various claim agents to find out about the status of the claim, State Farm agents claimed that my step daughter never gave a statement. They also said that she was at fault. But how could they determine fault if they claim she never gave a statement? So she had to call again and make a statement for a third time... and then, with another agent, for a fourth time over the phone. State Farm insisted that the liability of the accident was with my step-daughter; and insisted that I pay the $500 deductible as the van is insured under my name. I asked that they review the case given that she said she stopped and was hit from behind... and that the vehicle entering the gas station parking lot came in at a high rate of speed. The State Farm agent said they would look into it once my stepdaughter gave a statement about what happened for the record. Note that I am furious at this point as she had already given four statements to the claim agents. Weeks later, they had to interview her again (this time making a recording of her statement, as they said there was no record of a statement ever being given). then they informed me that her statement had not changed... This was odd, as they claimed that they had no prior statements. So, here we were, going on 7 weeks, and five statements given to agents... and still no definitive resolution. My stepdaughter had to call one more time and give yet another statement to a claim agent higher up in the corporate food chain... some sort of team leader. In the final analysis, State Farm insisted that the fault lie with the person backing up... even if they came to a stop, and even if they were hit from behind. That's Ridiculous!
Look, it's not about the money. I had been with State Farm for a long time (with three vehicles insured and a homeowners policy)-- a loyal customer for 35 plus years. I've paid in approximately a quarter of a million dollars in insurance premiums over that time, and had very few claims... peanuts... and paid my deductible without ever complaining. Given that my stepdaughter is relatively young and now had an accident, our insurance premium on the van just doubled... and after being a safe driver and having someone hit her from behind. Now she has an accident on her record. Unfair, especially for someone who worked so diligently to be a safe driver, completed driver education, and the State Farm safe driver program for young drivers.
In my opinion, State Farm Insurance is all about the money... but they will no longer get any of mine. I have switched companies and encourage others to do so. Buyer beware! Stay away from State Farm Insurance. Rates are much better elsewhere anyway. Try Geico, All State, Progressive or Farmers... they are all way better companies from what people tell me. Should have looked into that long ago. So many people have told me about their dealings with State Farm, and that they are a corporation that is money driven and money oriented.. They seem to care more about maximizing their revenues and profits than they care about people. My step-daughter an I feel that we were treated unfairly. We just want others to be aware... and beware! It was a horrible experience dealing with the Claim Division's incompetence.

Ti