Startlogic / Unreliable service!
Since 2004 I have experienced the following problems with Startlogic: The premature closure of support tickets, with no response from the helpdesk. Removing Anonymous FTP access. I can no longer host files via FTP for users unless credentials are created for them. Main account to connect to my site via FTP was disabled for no apparent reason. I had to log into my vDeck and create a new user. Lots of problems with the vDeck control panel and items refusing to load, or the entire control panel becoming inaccessible.
Inability of the Startlogic Helpdesk to create a CNAME subdomain record correctly. They fail to put a full stop/period after the name of the server I am pointing the CNAME to. This is despite me advising them to use a full stop. This functionality is available in the vDeck Control panel, but only when it's working!
Extensive delays in having my hard disk space increased. They would increase storage space for me and I would find the next day that it had reverted to the previous size. Failure of email services from time to time. Inability for the Startlogic helpdesk to email me at my New Zealand ISP (Orcon) email address. Nothing ever comes through that they send to that address, whether it be from a person or any automated notification system they have configured. They can email me at my @nztechie.com address.
I have documented a recent serious outage I experienced at:
More Startlogic Complaints & Reviews
- StartLogic Web Hosting - Terrible scam! 
- Startlogic - False Advertising
- Startlogic - failure to report site traffic 
- Startlogic - they kill your business
- startlogic inc - add on options at time of renewal without approval
- www.startlogic.com - Facing Problem But no Response from startlogic
- Startlogic - Wish I had of researched it before I gave them our credit card number
- Startlogic - Unauthorized charges