Starbucks / straw

Floral Park, NY, United States Review updated:

I bought a cup and a pack of 3 steel straws at starbucks in bellerose, ny, for about 40.00. The second time I used it the steel straw cut my mouth up. It was very painful and is still sore after almost a week. I threw the cup and straws out. This is a horrible, dangerous product. I feel its only fair for the company to refund my 40.00 and the price of my venti latte and pay me for the pain I am suffering because of this straw. They really need to get rid of it. Im sure others have been hurt to. I may call an attorney about this if I dont hear from them!

Ca
Aug 09, 2016

Comments

• Co

STAINLESS STEEL STRAWS

DETAILS: Reusable stainless steel Cold-to-Go food grade drinking straws in two sizes sold at Starbucks stores nationwide. The straws were packaged and sold in sets of three and were also sold as a component of two sizes of stainless steel beverage cups: Grande 16-ounce cups and Venti 24-ounce cups. They were sold from June 2012 through June 2016.

WHY: The stainless steel straws are rigid and can poke children in the mouth, posing a risk of injury.

INCIDENTS: Three reports of mouth lacerations to young children while drinking.

HOW MANY: About 2.5 million in the U.S. and about 301, 000 in Canada.

FOR MORE: Call Starbucks at 800-782-7282 from 3 a.m. to Midnight PT daily or visi https://news.starbucks.com com and click on “stainless steel straw warnings” for more information.

• Cu
      Aug 09, 2016

a recall was issued a few days ago, with instructions and phone numbers