Starbucks / service

1 Matthews, NC, United States

Saturday, january 9, 2016- my daughter and I entered a very busy store (sycamore commons, matthews, nc). We anticipated a modest wait for our coffees but we were not prepared for the lack of communication and lackluster approach to resolving my inquiry for a lost cup of tea. My reciept shows our orders were placed at 3:34pm. At 3:48pm, I asked about the "the nameless chai tea" since the birista did not ask my name. The birista (with a smuged name tag) said it will be ready. I asked him to call out the tea without a name becuase the store was so crowded and loud. He sarcastically replied, "I will not... But when the tea is ready I will call it to the bar". Onlookers were silent, but their eyes and non-verbal response to his reaction spoke loudly.in my opinion, that was a missed opportunity to creatively ask my name and assign it a cup. We then waited another 7-8 minutes. I re-visited the register to learn the status of the tea. The birista mumbled words to his colleagues and continued working and engaging with his colleagues. Shortly after, the birista created the tea and yelled, "hey, where's that lady?" I quielty gathered the tea and exited the store at exactly 4pm. As a longtime customer of the brand, im really shocked by the experience shared. I drink coffee daily — local and along the eastwrn seaboard. My work involves a high level of travel and I enjoy connecting with folks wherever life takea me. I think it hurt more to recieve this level of customer service right here in my own neighborhood. I do understand that busy time periods can add an extra layer of stress on employees, but there was clearly missed opportunities and poor signs of customer engagement shown. I reached out the manager and she e-mailed me back, "i'm so very sorry" — without noting how she planned to make things better or reassuring me that it will never happen again. Building relationships over coffee makes starbucks unique. They missed the mark.

Re