Starbucks / rude service

1 Loop 288Denton, United States Review updated:

Went in starbucks to get a pastry and tea at 9:30 at night. They close at 11:00 pm. All the food was cleared out but 2 cookies. We saw some cakes, etc. On a tray behind the counter. We ask if she could set the tray out so we could select a piece of cake. She said she couldn't because they weren't supposed to be touched by anyone. (I didn't want to touch the food, I just wanted to look at it so I could tell her what we wanted.) then we ordered tea. My daughter ordered tea, and asked for cream to go in her tea. The woman gave her some remark about different kinds of creme and how she wanted it that was not understandable. She made it way too difficult to even get some cream for your tea. The whole transaction made it seem like it was a problem to be served because it was taking away from their time for nightly cleaning before closing time in a hour and a half.

I like starbucks but will not go back in this particular shop. The management needs to talk to their night employees about courtesy to customers, and good service.

This was the starbucks facing loop 288 that is in the golden triangle shopping center. It is not the one that sells starbucks coffee in barnes & noble.

De

Comments

• Lo
      12th of Sep, 2009

oh my GOD, get a freaking life you whiney B a s t a r d

• De
      8th of Apr, 2010

As a Partner/Barista, maybe this explanation can help. The pastries you saw weren't supposed to be touched/sold/served because they were being marked out - discarded for being past the "sell by" date/time. The Barista could have explained that to you, but at 930 at night, you probably wouldn't WANT a pastry that's been sitting out since noon (when afternoon pastries are put out), best case or 6am worst case. She didn't offer you anything else because there was nothing else to offer you - once the day's pastries are gone, that's pretty much it until the next day when new packages are opened to ensure that everything being served is fresh and of the best quality. And we don't serve "cream" - did your daughter mean milk (if so, what kind? Whole, 2%, 1% or non-fat?), half & half or soy...? So that's probably what the Barista meant when she made her "different kinds of cream" comment. She wasn't sure what you wanted, and didn't want to guess.

Again, all of this could have been explained to you right there in the store. There was no need for you and your daughter to leave unhappy. Your Barista should have done a better job.