Staples - West Hazleton, PA / buyer beware - at least at this staples!

Just wanted everyone to know that Staples DOES NOT stand by it's 110% pricing policy. I brought an add from another store within 2 days after I purchased the same item at Staples. They matched the price, however the woman manger stated that Staples discontinued it's 110% price refund a few days earlier. Yet it was clearly displayed on the counter by the customer service register. When I questioned why the sign was still up, she said she was too busy at school to remove it. I than told her I wanted to return the item and not have them match it. I left the store and purchased at Office Depot.

I emailed Staples this past weekend on this matter and I have received no reply either by email or phone. Great communication?

Just wanted you to know - buyer beware - at least at this Staples.

By the way - this 110% price return is still displayed on it's website. I won't know about the store - I will never go back to one.

Va

Comments

• Tr
      1st of Dec, 2007

It is spooky how this exact same thing happened to me...2 years ago. The only difference is that when I questioned it to the manager I was speaking to (had to ask to talk to this very rude person), the pizza faced high school kid beside her grabbed the 110% sign and tore it off the display! I was completely amazed.

Thanks for sharing. I regret not sharing my story when it happened. Staples is a horrible company. I now order from Corporate Express. They are a respectable company that actually cares about their customers.

• Le
      16th of Jul, 2008

Corporate Express = Staples as of early 2008.

• Gl
      25th of Jul, 2008

The Woman Manager, is a GREAT and FAIR person. She definately knows her business and Staples's policies. In fact, before this Manager was at the West Hazleton store, I had her as a Manager at another Staples in Allentown, Pa. TRUST ME, she is Extremely Fair and very knowlegeable and I have learned a lot from her. For Personal reasons, I'm no longer working for Staples but I still do work in the Retail Business.

If a customer has a problem or question, they can do one of several things to get it resolved and ALL these things are listed by the Service Desk and also posted thorough out the store. Here are some things (1) call the 800 phone number to Staples Corp. in Mass (2) send an email to their Corporate Office (3) have a REASONABLE talk with a Staples Manager and I know that there will be an equal settlement for both the customer and the store.

DON'T SAY "BAD" THINGS ABOUT A MANAGER, UNLESS YOU KNOW THE MANAGER AND COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT DECISION. ALSO, STAPLES CORPORATE OFFICE "DOES" FOLLOW UP ON "ALL" COMPLAINTS. DIRECTLY TO THAT STORE'S GENERAL MANAGER.

The Manager is a Great Person. Don't "run her down."

• Le
      8th of Sep, 2009

This store is a definitely a few tacos short of a combo. I have had one too many "poor customer service" issue with this store as well. I purchased a Sony mp3 and elected to purchase the service guarantee that the teenage sales associate offered me. When the time came around and I needed to take advantage of the service warranty, turns out my purchase did not qualify! Why the hell offer it to me in the first place? This store and their management sucks.

• Po
      3rd of Sep, 2011

the stores hours are to be to 9pm this one closes around 845 how wonderful- then they say they dont carry something but on line they say the store has it what gives?