Stanley Steemer / Dryer Vent Cleaning

1 United States

I had Stanley Steemer out to clean my dryer vents in May of 2009 because the dryer would not dry my clothes. Since the dryer was new and covered under the manufactures warranty I had them send a technician out who said that there was nest in my dryer vent and that was the problem. Well I called Stanley Steemer and they came out with this hose and a long vacuum type cleaner that looked like a plumbin snake with a vacuum cleaner. They said that there was no blockages or birds nests in my dryer vent and charged me $150. Well the dryer worked for a while and then it quit working again. So I called another dryer vent cleaning service that only charged $49 and they found a huge nest in my dryer vent. The guy cleaned it all out, cleaned up his mess, and even rehooked my dyer back up for me and made sure that it was working for $100 less. He said that those vacuum type systems that Stanley Steemer uses just push the lint around in the vent and don't solve the problem, they only make it worse. Don't ever use Stanely Steemer to clean your dryer vents, they don't clean up after themselves, they use a vacuum system to clean the ducts out, and they overcharge for a service that they can't even do right. I learned my lesson and will never use them for anything ever again.