Standard Chartered Bank / debit card missing
In the world of today, where we all blindly rely on plastic money for each and everything, I too am not spared from the benefits of the atm which is an automatic teller machine but we call it any time money because it is dam useful. The problems comes into the picture when someone like me who relies so much on this machine that I hardly carry cash around, is now without a debit card for more than a month. The magnetic strip of my card stopped working and whenever I swiped the card, it was rejected inspite of having balance in the account. This was reported to the phone banking executive first on 12th may 2008. A request was placed for a new debit card to be sent across to me. The bank claims to send me the card thru one of the biggest courier companies across india, first flight, the company is doing nothing to maintain its name as they don't even follow the basic norms of leaving a message card if nobody is available at home and the same happened with me. By the time I called bank to chase my card, it was already sent back from first flight to the chennai main office. The phone banker then took request for re delivery and I have been calling once in every 2 days since then to chase and trace the card but there are no whereabouts of the same. Repeated requests and complaints. I even visited the bank but even they cant do anything in this case as it is dealt with by the chennai head office. I have to face embarrassment more than often as I don't have cash to carry around. Since I am working, I don't get time to visit the bank every now and then to withdraw cash with self cheques or withdrawal slips. That doesn't end my problem, I have complained repeatedly and have never received the 'promised' call backs. Also, a cheque deposited by me was returned on 2nd june 2008. The bank has sent cheque back to me but I see no traces of the same.
Some of the complaints and reference numbers available to me are:
And, I am still without my debit card. Please help me sort this out and I would also seek compensation for the repeated phone calls made, mental harassment, amount spent on petrol to visit the bank repeatedly and my wastage of time.
More Standard Chartered Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Standard Chartered Bank - worst bank ever! 
- Standard Chartered Bank UAE - unjustified deduction from account 
- Standard Chartered Bank - India - fraud, then excuse we are sorry! 
- Standard Chartered - fraud
- Standard Chartered Bank - scam documents 
- Standard Chartered Bank - incorrect bank transfer of my fund
- Standard Chartered Bank - amount debited to incorrect account or in suspense but no reply from bank yet
- Standard Chartered Bank - service very bad
- Standard Chartered Bank - delay of opening an acount
- Standard Chartered Bank - pakistan / customer service response