Stamps.com / unauthorized charges

1 CA, United States Review updated:

My husband bought stamps from stamps.com over a year ago. I thought he was continuing to buy from them when I noticed a charge occasionally. My last credit card statement, I noticed 3 distinct charges from Stamps.com. I notified my credit card company as to fraudulent charges and they will notify the company to stop charging my credit card and to refund any fraudulent charges.

Comments

• Me
      30th of Dec, 2008

I was charged 17.94 on my Paypal account during the trial period. I called to cancel my account and the representative on the phone told me I would be receiving a refund to my account. After 2 months of no refund, I called again. I was told that there is no one there authorized to give refunds, as they do not offer refunds, and I should be happy that they agreed to cancel my account. I made sure to send everyone on my contact list an email letting them not to fall prey to this company. Also, the 'free' postage was only available after the trial period ended, and the 'free' postage scale actually cost me $10 and I cannot use it without their software (which is only valid with a paid monthly subscription).

• To
      19th of Feb, 2010

I did not want the services after looking at site. I was not notified by email about charges etc. I noticed the bank statement charges. I could not get the back charges, either.

• Ph
      25th of Jun, 2011

Exactly this is what Stamps.com did to me. I couldn't believe I had been charged $17.99 per month when I neither ordered nor received any stamps, or anything else for that matter, ever!