Sst / Credit card payment

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I have tried to pay my First Equity credit card bill online and was informed that First Equity is no longer handling my account. It's been sold, I guess, to an outfit called SST (Systems & Services Technologies). I tried going to their website to sign up, but was unable to do so. (Told my account number was incorrect.) The message on the First Equity line says go to www.deetocard.com to pay but the site that takes you to looks like some kind of search results, not a credit card service site. In researching this situation online (since I can't call the customer service number on a weekend) I've seen numerous complaints about what appear to be a scam operation: they make it almost impossible to pay your bill online or on time, then charge exorbitant service charges, etc. Worse, a lot of people claim to have made payments that SST says were never made. Most of these complaints appear to be two or three years old. Has anyone else had more recent trouble with this outfit? I wasn't informed about this until I went to try to pay my bill and then I had to do all the detective work to find out where to go, who to contact. The whole thing smells fishy to me.

Comments

• Wa
      25th of May, 2010

This is happening to us as well. I am trying to pay them off but it is from my First Equity Account. I am getting constant phone calls and to no avail. This is ridiculous!

• My
      12th of Oct, 2010

AGREED... I also had a first eq account.. they got so stupid with their finance charges i stopped using it. Was good for a while with lowering my interest and bam i was over the deadline on my online payment and they jacked up my interest rate so I stopped paying it. Since then I have called this number to try and resolve something or get lower interests to pay it off and they say only for 6 months then it is sky rocket again. This was a business credit card for me so it is a high balance . I refuse to pay it until they come up with some better plans for us to use and a way to pay.