Src Aetna / Don't pay, Docs don't take it

1 DC, WA, United States Review updated:

Went to the doc in April of '07, they still haven't paid. Looking for a new doc, but no one wants to take SRC Aetna insurance because they have a bad reputation. Tried to get an appointment recently and not one of the doctors on their list online will take me before the middle of January. What am I paying them for? If I didn't have health insurance I would be better off! Isn't that sad?

Comments

Ye
  23rd of Apr, 2009

I have experienced it first hand with SRC. It is truely unbelieveble they can get away with what they do. I have 6 bills for 3 days of service (1 day for blood work, one day for xrays, and one day for a one hour procedure). The 6 billers for the misc services have all been unsuccessful at getting SRC to receive the bills. Even though the billers have fax confirmations, electronic filing confirmations, and sent bills by U.S. mail, they all "disappear" on the SRC end. Amazing. Its been six months and I spend about 4 hours a month on the phone trying to get them to find the bills as we re-fax them. Capitalism an at its finest.

Vi
  9th of Jul, 2009

My husband and I are paying a lot of money for a policy that is USELESS. I was recently in the ER and they said that they can't bill me because I"m not in their nextwork..even though the people at Aetna say my hospital is in their network.

My doctors are all coming back to me and saying that I'm going to have to pay out of pocket because nothing is covered under them. Only $350 is covered...and I have to make $350 stretch out for a CT scan, blood work, chiropractor, and therapist?

Yeah, right. What am I paying for this insurance for? Do you realize that there is better health care for the uninsured in clinics than people who are insured by Aetna SRC? This insurance is a scam at best!