Sprint PCS / sprint's insurance scam
How to protect yourself from Sprint's insurance scam
When you upgrade your phone with Sprint, do not accept $20 in exchange for your old phone. This is a ploy so that you have to buy insurance, which actually gives you very little for your money.
Insurance is not a bad thing if it actually covers you, but with Sprint's insurance, for $7 per month, if you lose your phone or it breaks and you need a new one, you'll still have to pay a $100 deductible for a smartphone or $50 deductible for a regular phone. I paid $150 for my smartphone when i first purchased it with Sprint, but with Sprint's insurance I'd have to pay two thirds of that value for a replacement! So what's my $7 a month for then?!
To add further insult, the ‘new’ phone will not even be new, but a refurbished old phone, probably broken by some previous Sprint customer sucker.
However if you've kept your old phone, you can simply get them to reactivate that. It means you need no insurance and you need never pay for a new phone until you become eligible for your next upgrade, whereupon you will be sold a brand new phone at a substantially reduced price.
Perhaps, if, after several years, you find that you have accumulated old phones, then why not give Sprint your oldest, crappiest phone for the $20 and teach them a lesson about being suckered. Whatever you do though, always keep the phone from which you have just upgraded, as that old phone is now your insurance.
The tracker ball on my husband’s Blackberry stopped working, Sprint refused to fix it, made him buy a new phone and then gave him $20 in exchange for his 'unfixable' old phone. Suckered !!!
More Sprint PCS Complaints & Reviews
- Sprint PCS - unauthorized charges out of bank account! 
- Sprint - additional fee 
- Sprint / Rpm Collection Agency / Long Distance - unauthorized long-distance service 
- Sprint - charging sales tax on early termination fee 
- Sprint Mccall Communications - not their probem because of policy 
- Sprint - poor customer service
- Sprint - customer service
- Sprint.com - my service
- Sprint - sprint is willing to lose a long-time customer over $200.
- Sprint - a complain about a store of employee's fradulant act