Springhill Medical Center Hospital / Poor quality medical services

1 3719 Dauphin StMobile, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 251) 344-9630

My Uncle was admitted into this hospital on the 15 of October with Pneumonia. After the 2nd day there a nurse (RN) named Leanne was telling him and family member that because of insurance reasons they would be releasing him in a couple of day's. I responded t0 her that he was not going to go anywhere until he was well. On the 7th day he was released and I thought that he was well. They were suppose to be giving him therapy so that he could get his strength back and they were not doing that. They released him to me without any help whatsoever to be able to get him into the house up 4 steps and to his room by myself. It is only fron the grace of God that we made it ithout him falling and breaking something. He is 230 lbs I am 130 lbs. They gave me no instructions on which medicine's to continue or anything, I had asked them to please please have his Dr.'s call me and let me know when I could talk to them.
I recieved no calls at all from any of his Doctors. ALl I got from them was they couldn"t do anymore for him. After I got him home and after a few days I saw that he was still sick and miserable. I called My Doctor and asked would he please take him as a patient, He is taking no new patients, And he said he would and to call 911 and get him to the hospital. We then went to Mobile Infirmary and he was admitted and it was determined that he still had Pneumonia. HE was there for 9 more days and is now home and doing better. This first hosptial and his other Doctors basically just wrote him off as being too old to mess with, that is the feeling I got and he also got, What are my options. I have had to take off from my job for over 3 months and take care of him and I am about to lose my insurance. Had they done what they should have done he would be alot better off than he is now. Prior to the first hospital visit he was still driving and getting around by himself good. Now he has to have around the clock care. I really do not know what to do from this point.

Help Please

Sincerly

Pattie Atwood and Brenda Harvey

Pa

More Springhill Medical Center Hospital Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ba
      22nd of Dec, 2015

December 19th 2015 I took my husband to springhill ER. He was in the first stages of a pancreatitis attach. He was severely dehydrated. And hurting bad in his stomach. They took blood and gave him nausea mess and pain meds. He had to ask to be put on an iv drip. Not even 30 minutes later and approx half a bag of iv fluid was told he had indigestion and released. He was still cramping and sweating bad. He went home and stayed sick. Early December 22, 2015, I took my husband to USA medical center. He was still sick, after blood work they diagnosed him with full kidney failure dehydration and pancreatitis. Some indigestion. While being at Springhill hospital we explained that my husband had a prior history of kidney failure and pancreatitis. He was there earlier in the year in May. The doctor acted like all he wanted was a hand out. My husband was severely ill. He could have died. I have decided to seek an Attorney after the first of the year to rectify the situation.

26th of Sep, 2016

I have been waiting in the labor and delivery room for about 14 hours now. Needless to say I wanted to put my feet up. I pull a side table that is next to me and prop my feet on it. A girl next to me has a chair pulled around breastfeeding her infant. An Rn female come and tells me that she needs her table back in place, and pulls it back in place, and tells the girl next to me ( that is breast feeding) she needs to put her chair back in place. This is so rude!