Spirit Airlines / overbooking scam
Early on 8/10/15 I got an email informing me that 756 from SJO (Costa Rica)to FLL was delayed from 12:30 to 2:52. So, I arrived at SJO at 12:50 and found an angry group of about 20 customers, all who had been bumped bc we weren't there two hours before the ORIGINAL flight time. Agents were incredibly rude and seemed to make a joke of it - needless to say there were no apologies that I heard to anyone. They did offer to get us back to the US TWO days later! Agents refused to offer any compensation or help book, even at our expense, on another airline. It is clear that Spirit's way of handling overbooking is to delay the flight, knowing enough will adjust according to their delay email and be "late" - thereby relieving them of the need to pay compensation. What a scam this airline is.
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - ticket hh155u
- Spirit Airlines - delay
- Spirit Airlines - baggage handling service
- Spirit Airlines - a detailed reservation that pulled up with an incorrect name — my own!
- Spirit Airlines - customer service