Spirit Airlines / ruined vacation
On May 25th, 2008, I compiled a vacation package for the family and the air travel was purchased with Spirit Airlines. The original departure time was set at 5:25am, arriving in Orlando at 8:30am. The return flight time was 7:25pm, arriving in Puerto Rico at 10:15 pm. Everything was set, or so it seemed. The departure date is Sep.11th, so I decided to enter their site and verify itinerary since I'm only a day and a half away from flying, to my unfortunate surprise the airline decided to change my flight times without notifying me. This change has affected my vacation plans totally. The new arrival time has us at the airport in Orlando at 5:25pm, the park that is included in our vacation package closes at 6:00pm, by the time we get to the hotel and pick up the park tickets, we missed the entire day. Then the departure time from Orlando was changed to 11:50am, another missed day. The options I was offered were to either change my days of travel, which would leave my family without a hotel room unless I added additional costs to my package adding the extra days. Or getting a refund, leaving me with a day and a half to purchase other tickets with another airline, which on such short notice would be costly. What aggravates me the most is the fact that I ordered and paid in full my family's airfare over 3 months ago. In my contract that was sent via e-mail it states the penalties I would incurr if I were to change or cancel the reseravtion, yet it doesn't mention what would happen if the changes or cancelations were on their behalf. My family and I planned this vacation for over 3 months, they changed my plans and didn't notify me. A whole family was affected due to negligence and poor business tactics. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge 
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club 
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card 
- Spirit Airlines - bogus bait & switch practices! 
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charges
- Spirit Airlines - air trip and customer service
- Spirit Airlines - flights
- Spirit Airlines - emergency cancellation
- Spirit Rescheduled But Was Cancelled - being told my flight was leaving at 1am when lga closes at midnight.