Spirit Air / worst airline, crooks!

The customer service for these guys (Spirit Air) is the worst I have ever encountered in my life and I lied in Latin Ameirca 21 years where customer service is a luxury. As BR mentioned, these people should be investigated, fined and shut down for their practice of selling you a ticket, then canceling it or not even confirming the purchase and then taking 60 days to reimburse your credit card!!! FRAUD!

If this happens as much as it sounds like it does these guys make more money carrying on with this scam than by operating an airline. The arrogance of the jerk CEO reflects the company's attitude. Someone needs to put them out of business and until then my recommendation is DO NOT FLY SPIRIT AIR, do not even book s flight because your money will be tied up for months.

Comments

• Fu
      28th of Jan, 2009

I flew this crummy airline in May 2007. There was no one at the check in desk 45 minutes before the flight so I couldn't get my boarding pass!! This was Memorial Day weekend. I was flying from SFO to Detroit. I was not allowed to board through security because the airport didn't even know how to reach Spirit Airlines. I ended up missing my flight and had to buy a one way ticket with another carrier leaving the next morning. On my way back from my destination 3 days later, I learned that since I hadn't boarded the outbound flight, my returning flight had been automatically canceled. There were no refunds. Unbelievable. Again, I had to buy another one-way ticket back home – this time with Spirit itself since no other airlines were headed back to SFO that day. SPIRIT AIR IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST AIRLINE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT FLYING WITH THEM.

• Lo
      10th of May, 2017

I flew this crooked airline once never again. They charge extra for everything. I'm surprised they didn't try to charge for using their plane. The old saying. "Screw me once your fault - twice my fault". Lousy customer service on top of everything else.