Speedway / poor customer service from a manager

Indianapolis, IN, United States

My name is Antwan Floyd Sr. I have been going to the Speedway location at 1005 Mitthoefer rd. for 2 years now and I always receive excellent customer service but today 09/14/2017 between the time of 6:50 A.M. and 7:00 A.M. (not sure of the exact time I was there.) I received my first bad experience. I went in to get a money order for $795 but I mistakenly told the cashier the wrong amount I meant to tell her that it was for $785. She didn't know what to do so she asked the manager what should she do? He said that it was nothing that he could do it was rung up, I would have to pay or go some place else and get one. I was surprised to hear that from a Manager, is that the policy for an incident such as this? I mean this can't be the first time that a situation like this has occurred? So am I to believe that he didn't just cancel the misprinted money order as soon as I left? Or does he pocket the money? I expect unprofessional behavior from cashiers from time to time bad day etc, etc, I take it stride. But as I said I've never had a bad situation from a clerk. The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves. Makes you wonder what standards he's setting for those up under him.

As far as a resolution to my problem, I don't know if there is one I was insulted (my intelligence) when I was told that it was nothing he could do about it which was a lie and I wasted my time not sure how I could be redeemed for those inconveniences.

Antwan Floyd Sr.