Southwest Airlines / pilfering from luggage!
This e-mail is being sent to tell people to check their luggage carefully after flying with Southwest Airlines. I took a flight with them last week. My luggage did not have an inspection notice in it, it was not damaged or opened in any way, and it was a direct flight to my destination. When I reached my destination I discovered that two pieces of my under clothing were missing. I was sure I'd packed them, but decided to wait to call them until I got home to make sure I'd not left them at my home. I had not...
I called Southwest and was told that I need to call their long distance claims dept.number. I was then told by their claims dept. that the claim would be denied by them because:
1.) More than 4 hours had passed since I received my luggage,
2.) there was no visible damage to my luggage.
So, my assumption is that because their employees know this policy, they are taking small items that won't be missed immediately. Now I'm wondering about those earrings that have been "lost" on a prior trip.
So, my advice is to either not fly Southwest Airlines or to make a complete inventory of what you packed so that you can check to make sure nothing is missing. Include it with a big note inside your luggage to discourage anyone that might be thinking of pilfering through your belongings.
Lori in Arizona
More Southwest Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Southwest Airlines - items stolen out of luggage. 
- Southwest Airlines - baggage lost 
- AirTran Airways - airtran cancellation charges 
- Southwest Airlines - refund money credit from last year 
- Southwest Airlines - open seating - not 
- Southwest Airlines - Flight from Last Vegas to Buffalo
- Southwest Airlines - I am complaint about a flight attendant's rude behavior
- Southwest Airlines - unorganized & horrible.
- Southwest Airlines - flight refund
- Southwest Airlines - flight delayed