Southwest Airlines / baggage handling
We departed Sunday afternoon, January 6, 2019, from SFO to DIA on Flight #4243. The flight was slightly delayed due to an extremely full plane and inclement weather. The issue was the way baggage was handled due to these two situations. Some of our luggage was transported on another flight, while other luggage was allowed to sit on the cart on the tarmac taking on a great deal of water. We actually saw one of our bags from the terminal sitting for an extended period of time completely uncovered in torrential rain. We had lost luggage at arrival to DIA due to the baggage that was transported on another plane. Both issues could have been handled simply by communicating the transportation issue so that we were aware once in DIA to locate the luggage differently, and by placing a tarp over any luggage that has to sit prior to loading.
Since the packed items were essentially unusable upon arrival at our destination, we were forced to clean the items or dispose of items and repurchase. I would be comfortable with a voucher for future travel to reimburse us for our time and losses.
Updated by rspreng, Jan 07, 2019
Please update me.
More Southwest Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Southwest Airlines - items stolen out of luggage. 
- Southwest Airlines - baggage lost 
- AirTran Airways - airtran cancellation charges 
- Southwest Airlines - refund money credit from last year 
- Southwest Airlines - open seating - not 
- Southwest Airlines - flight 1999 on 2/15/2019 between punta cana and chicago midway
- Southwest Airlines - flight 
- Southwest Airlines - rude and unprofessional flight attendants on flight 1999
- Southwest Airlines - rude and very unprofessional flight attendants on flight 1999. 
- Southwest Airlines - 2 hour delay on feb 5th flight from pbi to isp # 253 for me and my wife.