South Beach Diet OnlineCharged in Trial Period

The website claimed that I would receive a free 7 day trial. It said in order to not be charged cancel before the 7 days are up. It also said that if I were charged after that time I would just need to call customer service & get a refund for any unused portion of the charge (with is a quarterly charge so 3 months worsth).
So tell me why if my free trial started in the afternoon of Monday June 1st, when I went online this morning (Monday, June 8th) it said that the charge was authoarized on the 1st. I logged into my bank account and found that the $65 charge did indeed go through on the 3rd (last Wednesda), well before my 7 day free trial would be up.
To make matters worse, the phone number that you are supposed to call is constantly busy. I'm pretty certain no matter how heavy call volume gets at a toll-free number there is usually a call queue and you can listen to crappy hold music while ou are waiting. Why then can I not get through?
I am highly disappointed in the one product that claims to be the only one officially linked to the real diet and its trademark. I am also highly stressed since I cannot seem to pay my bills right now and need that money.
Has anyone else had similar problems? What is a girl to do?

Ea

Comments

Jun 08, 2009

Yes, this is happening to me too, charged on 06/01, trying to contact using their number [protected], keep getting a busy signal. Have emailed them twice for a "good" number.

• Mi
      Mar 16, 2013

This practice is still happening. I tried to call the customer service number the day before my trial ended, but could not get through. I then sent them an e-mail to cancel my membership and they did not get back in touch with me until they had already charged my credit card. I am very disappointed with this online site and would never recommend it to anyone.

• Da
      Jul 29, 2014

I have the same problem and now they are telling my money is non refundable and all this was in the fine print even though I cancelled on the last day of my free trial. They authorized my card before the trial was up. They respond sporadically and told me I should check out their site, I may like it. I personally find it very confusing. South Beach Diet online is a scam. They say you cancel at any time but that's not true. I will be sure to let everyone I know not to sign up for this site.

• Da
      Nov 12, 2018
    Southbeach Diet - My orders
    Rancho Cordova
    California

Since fed ex took over delivery, my orders never arrived at the scheduled time quoted. My orders arrive damaged and warm. I am considering canceling my auto shipping.