Sony TV / blue haze taking over picture screen

United States, Washington, elmer city Review updated:
Elmer city
Phone: 5096330757
My folks have a kdf42we655 lcd tv and it is getting a blue haze that is taking over the picture screen. Sony told me what part was causing the problem on the phone without looking at the tv and who to contact to repair at my cost. This TV is a money pit it has had two bulbs replaced and now a $1200 minimum to repair the blue haze. Please help the working man!!!

N  19th of Jun, 2007 by

Sony TV - Multiple TV problems

I have purchased Sony KV-HA21M80 in July'03. This stopped functioning because of "Picture Tube problem"... As of Market opinion Sony Picture Tubes are best and works in a long run... How far that is true???

Also a Problem with Music system MHCRV20. Purchased in Sep'03. It had problems in Warranty Period itself. The following are those:

1. CD Lens and complete CD unit Mal functioning. [Replaced since it was problematic in Warranty period]

2. Tape Player was completely changed [Reason stated by Sony Authorized Technician: It was rusted and the tape motors damaged because of rust]

3. Radio receiver was changed as it was not functioning up!!!
N  3rd of Jul, 2009 by
Buy a new TV.
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by
i have the same problem.optical block.and replacement tv offered at $1300.00 52 inch screen.which again you get in stores for same price.I am already $100.00 out of pocket for
the service guy to come and tell me it is optical block.my model is KDF60WF655 60 INCH.purchased in 2005. sony stinks in customer care for such a expensive product.
A  19th of Sep, 2009 by
This is a very common problem with Sony rear-projection LCD TVs. Pretty much all of Sony's rear-projection LCD TVs have been the subject of voluntary warranty extensions, class action lawsuits, or both due to inherent latent defects in the optical blocks, which contain the LCD panels. Unfortunately, most of the extended coverage has now ended, leaving thousands of customers out of luck, and the repair costs >$1, 000. See my support web site for additional details:
sites . google . com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/
A  19th of Sep, 2009 by
Full link to Sony rear projection LCD TV problem support site:
N  30th of Nov, 2009 by

Sony TV - Spares not available

TV details:: Sony CTV KV-SW 29M50 (29" WEGA)

Dear Sir,

I bought this TV 3 years when there were hyped advertisements on the quality and reliability of this TV. I got a blur picture on the TV last week. The SONY technician said that the tube's green color has gone bad and that there are NO SPARES AVAILABLE for this TV anymore.

How can Sony sell something that is already obsolete and the spares aren't available? It costs a lot of money to buy a new one. Can you please recommend some alternatives?

Vijaya Kumar

Sony TV - SONY Product Quality Problem
21046 Briarwood Lane
Trabuco Canyon
Phone: 949-770-0400

I bought a 46" LCD SONY TV (Super Slim) in 2009. The original price was $3K. I got a good deal through a Good Friday special from Sony Style. We hardly used this TV, but 20 month later, the screen is half-black. We called Sony authorized repair man who told us the panel is bad. We paid him $150 to check the TV. The repair guy said that Sony will not help us on the repair, but offered us $100 off an old model of Sony TV. We don't wan to end up with another expensive junk.

We also have a Sony 52" TV which is about three year-old. It already showing a green leak bar on the right of the screen. I paid almost $4K on this TV. I don't want to pay more money for someone to look at it. Is this TV repairable?

I also bought a Sony Laptop three years ago, the hard drive started making loud noise after I used it for two month. The Sony Style wanted to charge me over $200 to fix it. Now, I can only use it for 10 minutes, before the drive start making the noise.

I could say that I am always a loyal Sony fan, but after all these recent big item purchares and the problem I encountered, I am loosing fath on Sony quality.

The customer service from Sony Style was not helpful either, even though I purchased the TV from them. I went there with a problem and came out even more frastrated.

Do someone have any suggestion on how to deal with Sony problem?
N  22nd of Mar, 2014 by

Sony TV - SONY Product Quality Problem

I have a big yellow spot in the middle of my Sony television and need an answer on how to resolve. I read other complaints about the same issue.

Sony Corporation Logo Sony Corporation