Sony / Sony Cybershot DSC-S600 Digital Camera / Defective camera / non compliance to complains

I had bought sony cyber shot model no.DSC-S600, digital camera bearing serial no. 8421440 on [protected] from 'TARANG'S' Bhopal vide cash memo no. 1356. The machine started malfunctioning from oct. 2006 onwards: the screen would read ' turn the power off and on again', next the shutter jammed. On submitting it for repairs at the service centre, it's motor to shutter was allegedly replaced. I was told that either the motor had gone bad or the camera had been dropped, I am sure the latter was not the case. The camera functioned for a couple of weeks, then reverted back to its malfunctioning mode. Shutter lens don't move at all. On notifying the service station, I have been made to understand that it is me who is either dropping or banging the camera. The statement is devoid responsibility & utterly obnoxious.

A  2nd of Sep, 2008 by
this exact thing has happened to me...after learning to live with it (and noticing it is a sign of low battery in some cases) i now have a jammed on/off switch that is going to cost me as must to fix as it is to replace the camera. wonderful. yet...i still love the Sony point and shoot...just wish they could get their act together and wish i could trust them with my next purchase.
A  27th of Sep, 2008 by
Exact samer thing happened to me! I hate this camera!