Sony/PSP / Lost PSP and lousy customer service

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I sent in my kids psp for a screen repair, sony sent me back a refurb psp with a broken hinge on the game door. I called and they sent me another box. I sent the psp in the package they gave me and never heard back. When I called in they said they never received the package and directed me to UPS. UPS pointed me back to sony saying they have no record of the package and since Sony issued the label they must initiate a request through UPS. After several calls back and forth with the ignorant reps at Sony, they initiated a request with me via conference call. UPS has no record of the package and stated the label sent to me could have been a different tracking# by mistake. The also noted that the label sony states should have been on there showed the ship to address of my home instead of Sony's repair place. (Already a red flag somethings not right.) Well, they (Sony) stated they would open an investifgation and get back, they never did. I called them back after 2 weeks and told my case was closed because this was a UPS issue and they had nothing to do. They were very rude, no sympathy nothing. When I asked for a manager, they would put me to the guy next to them that sounded like a 14 year old boy through puberty. I asked for another manager and was given another rude person with no customer service experience. I could not even have a professional conversation. I was hung up on twice by the same person, ARTURO and held on hold for over 2 hours on one day, no one cared when I mentioned this. There service was very bad. Even though I feel they let me done and they should own up to this issue, I would have taken an option of purchasing another unit or refurbished unit at a discounted price. They would not give me any options. I am stuck with no PSP, a $300 bill on my credit card when purchasing the unit in Nov 08 for the bundle and insurance, and a $100 for the screen repair. The totally suck!!! beware. I have spent thousands of doallrs on Sony and they have let me down big.

Comments

• Sh
      12th of May, 2009

My name is Chandrashekhar Sangdhore and I am from India - Mumbai. Recently i purchased a PSP and i must say that the customer service of SONY is way below their standards! I cannot play my UMD in the PSP, when i asked the Authorized Service Center guy to help me out, he asked me to take it to another store which is 70 miles away from my place. When i reached the store, there was no one to understand or solve my query. There is not even an online form which we can fill and the company contacts us. I am a die hard fan of playstation and the game titles but after this horrible experience i feel i should switch to X-box 360. I am sure Microsoft wont disappoint its users. If anyone from Sony global read this and if you are a part of Sony PSP division than please contact me and help resolve this problem ASAP. my contact number is +91-9833637393 or u can write to me at shekhar020@hotmail.com

• Ni
      18th of May, 2009

I am very surprise that there are only two people complaining about service with SONY.
    Their customer service (if you can call it that) treat us buying customer as if we don't know what service means.
    When you buy SONY, one expect a global product with global solution. I buy a unit in Hong Kong and brought it back to USA. When something was wrong with it..guess what? They want me to go to Hong Kong and fix it there!!

These clowns does not even know Hong Kong is part of China and all their product is made in China.