Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal)

Posted:

Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care

4.3
Hello,

I am Nitin Sagar, a 23 year old software engineer living in Delhi.

Last month just prior to Diwali, I purchased a 60GB PS3 (with warranty). I wanted to get an Xbox 360 but I didn't want to get into the hassles of having to keep sending my gaming console for frequent repairs. Unfortunately that made me buy a PS3 and boy was that a bad decision.

A month later my PS3 stopped reading any discs. This suddenly happened when I was happily playing Resistance : Fall of Man. It just hung and then wouldn't acknowledge any disc put in it. This happened on 23rd December 2007 (right during the holiday season!)

I took it to the Lajpat Nagar service centre and thats when things got even worse.

First, they refused to take my set in because I did not bring the accessories. I had called up the customer care number atleast thrice before bringing in the unit and they did not mention anything about getting all the accessories along. After a minor heated argument, all throughout which I was saying I would get the accessories when I come to pick my system or they can just replace the console, they finally took in my PS3. On my way out I was told that the 60GB is not in stock and would take 10 days for replacement since it would need to come from Singapore. (Log Information number : 300422391)

Then, on the 27th of December 2007 I got a call from the Lajpat Nagar service centre saying my PS3 was fixed. I drove 20 kms to reach there, only to find out that it was in the same state as before. Not a single game being tested by the workers there worked. I was called for no reason. I deposited the accessories I had brought along and left dejected. I wanted to fill a feedback form for the same but I was refused to be given one.

On 30th December 2007, I got a call from Sony India asking me from where I had purchased the unit to which I replied with all the information I knew. I was told I would be getting a call back in 1/2 an hour. I never got a call.

On 2nd January I called up the customer care number and I was told I would get a call back from the engineering staff to update me of my PS3 status. I never got a call.

On 3rd January, I called up again and spoke to Azhar who told me the same thing. I didn't get a call that day either.

On 4th January I spoke with Richa who again, told me the same thing, also adding that my system was repaired and it would be delivered to the Lajpat Nagar service centre by afternoon. I was supposed to get a call by noon which I didn't.

On 4th January, I called up the service centre again and spoke to Shefali who said that my unit would need to be replaced and it would take some 10-13 days. This was the 13th day since I had submitted my unit. I logged a complaint regarding the horrible handling of customers by Sony India (complaint number 2638651)

It seems no one has any clue what is happening with the PS3 and what to do with it.

This is the worst treatment I have ever faced as a consumer. I will make sure I never buy a Sony product ever again in my life. I will also make sure that word of the excellent Sony India customer care department gets around on sites such as www.gamingindians.com, www.theangrypixel.com and www.gameguru.in. I think the people at the Xbox forums should also know that they are getting the better end of the deal. It seems the Microsoft India staff knows how to handle their customers. Sony should take a cue from that.

I did not even get a reply of this mail and have lost all hope of getting my PS3 back in the near future.

An extremely disheartened Sony India customer,

Nitin Sagar
Complaint comments Comments (53)    Updated: Complaint country India Complaint category Consumer Electronics

Comments

N  13th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Excuse me i would like to know where sent ur complaints because i want to do the same but i just can't find an e-mail to send.
N  27th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I recently purchased a 40gb ps3. I have purchassed every playstaion console that has come out since the original playstation and have been very satified with them excepts for the fact no matter how well you treat them they only work for around 2 years normally just till the warrenty has run out, and they bring out the slim line version, but because how amazing the system always is i never really have complaints because of the amount of enjoyment it brings in the time i have it.
But now this is going too far, i purchased my ps3 on the 21 december 07 and didnt use till the 26th, i use it a few hours a day some times more but always give it a rest every couple of hours. i treat it very well keep it clean and dust free, but it has already died on me, it dose not register any games, i have to say though i rang sony and they were very helpful and have registered the fault and are sending me a new one on tuesday soit is a matter of a few days, so sony in england has dealt with it very well, if they stick too there word, so i have no complaints there, but it is very dissapointing that the console which cost £300 can last only 1 month, and the fact is i have only got 1 year garantee, so i advised anyone who reads this that if its not too late, extend your garentee to 3 years right now, before its too late
A  29th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Wow! Sounds like PS3 is a piece of junk. The same thing happened to my kids. They received the system for Christmas, and in less than 1 month it didn't work. It did the same thing as you guys talked about, just wouldn't play games. I called Sony, after several attempts and holding for quite a long time, and was told to send back the system and they would send me a "factory certified" unit, in other words a refurbished used unit. I told them I wanted a new unit in return and the warranty extended. They said no, and asked if I wanted to continue with the exchange. Let's see a broken piece of junk or a fixed piece of junk. I hope the next one doesn't break - or my warranty will be used up in just returns. Why can't Sony take better care of the customers?! Customer service did NOT care that I was upset or did not even try to make me happy. What a shame.
A  27th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree entirely.

Sony Computer Entertainment does not even know what "Customer Service" means.

After owning my 60gb PAL PS3 for about 4 months, it began randomly freezing, increasingly more often, until it got to the point that it was not even worth turning on any more to play a movie, game, anything - as it would inevitably freeze midway through a level or action scene.

I returned the unit to Harvey Norman Osborne Park, Western Australia, my place of purchase, and the staff there have been very helpful in trying to get me a new/repaired system as soon as possible. It has been over 3 weeks now, and having spoken with the people at Harvey Norman several times, and they in turn having spoken with Sony, it seems that Sony cannot tell me when I will be getting my console back.

I was initially told it would take approximately 1 week. After 10 days and no reply, Sony informed us that it would take another 10 days. And my favourite excuse yet, 2 days ago a Sony rep. told us that they send back repaired units on Wednesday's, Thursday's and Friday's, but they could not confirm whether my console would be sent on one of those days this week, nor could they pass us through to anybody at Sony with the authority to tell us.

Having read through several forums regarding the issue of freezing PS3 consoles since submitting mine for repairs/replacement, it seems I am far from alone with this ridiculous malfunction in a system which cost me $AUD 1000.

It seems to me Sony are merely waiting for the next firmware update to be released which they are probably hoping will fix the freezing problem, because from my experience to date, it seems that have absolutely no idea what is going on with my console, or with their service centres for that matter.

Pissed off Aussie.
A  29th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
PLEASE ANYONE INTERESTED IN RESOVLING THIS MATTER CONTACT ME AT FLATLANDSALLDAY@YAHOO.COM. I'VE TALKED TO A LAWYER AND WE'RE TRYING TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN AND GET AS MANY PEOPLE THEIR SYSTEMS AND MONEY BACK IN THE PROCESS. MONEY ISN'T THE ISSUE, ITS THE FACT THAT SONY IS A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY AND WON'T REPLACE THEIR CRAPPY ### SYSTEMS!
A  17th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Brand new Mobile phone Plasma tv , Laptop game at cheap price come with complete accessories with one year international warranty.

Email address ; applemac_inc@hotmail.com

* 16GB flash drive
Display
* 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display
* 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 160 dpi
* Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Operating system
* OS X
GSM
* Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Wireless data
* Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
* EDGE
* Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Camera* 2.0 megapixels

WE MAKE SHIPMENT VIA UPS AND FEDEX SHIPPING COMPANY 2DAYS DELIVER , IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING CONTACT US.

Email address ; applemac_inc@hotmail.com
N  12th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
i hate sony so much they have sent me 3 new broken 60gb all this month's waiting i am never ever gonna buy a sony product in my life or advise any one to i might consider buying an xbox 360 (i wanna go down to sonys factory and throw this ps3 through the window)
N  8th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
as all the others i purchased a ps3 on the 3/1/08 australia after only a few short months it stopped reading any disc i sent it to be repaired on the 24/5/08 but sony apperently didnt receive it until the 4/6/08 i was told it would take twenty business days to be fixed well its now 9/7/08 so i rang again today only to be told they dont know anything until it has been 25 business days witch it has been anyway so like everyone else im very dissappointed with the service sony provides or lack of the stupid thing is i had an xbox360 but got rid of it after breaking down twice in a year thinking ps3 would be better well how wrong i was I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER SONY PRODUCT OF ANY DESCRIPTION
D  14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
i think that mr ps3s customer service talking is absoulutly wrong iv worked with sony ps3s in my own living room and if you think that xbox/xbox 360 is better you have been totally corrected that is seriously wrong the micrsoft mabey the better deal and been out longer so mate i dont know what type of drugs you have been smoking but the xbox 360 is an extremely cheap version of the ps3 and like you said m8 you must buy every single peice of ### for it just to play a game with graphics of a ps2 also i would like to add that anyone who is reading this do not i repeat do not buy and xbox 360 you will get nothing back from them if it breaks because bill gates is one tight ###er and that xbox360 came out first well...mabey but they brought it out with exactly 37 bugs and 2 of tem include trojan horses that will either brick your xbox360 or ### it up forever never to be turned on again please people dont fall for the cheap confusion offers of an xbox360 if you saw an add in the paper or in the shops ... think be a FOOL!! or a GENIUS!!! like me.oh and when you get a ps3 (if your the GENIUS!!!)add and contact kingsurface for more info on ps3.
Thanks .:Sony Expert:.
A  24th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree. We have had big problems aswell. We owned our less than a month when it stopped playing games. Sony had it for the next 3-4 months fixing it. And when i would call to see when we would be gettingit back i was hung up on. Ours doesnt play blu-ray so i will be calling them again this week.
They have discusting customer service and dont seem to care about their customers. Perhaps they should remember that without us their customers their would be no sony.
A  24th of Jul, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I love video games. Needless to say I own all three systems, Nintendo Wii, ps3, and the 360. And i honestly beleive sony tried to keep their customers minds off of the fact that the p s 3... Is a piece of ###. So what they did was put a cheap grade blu ray player, an outdated computer, and a couple of card readers. My ps3 three as well doesn't read disc. My xbox caught the "red ring of death" but at least microsoft fixed it for me free of charge, hassle free, and gave me a new warranty:) ps3 needs to stop living in the 90's. Who the hell in their right minds releases a system in the millenium with non rumbling controllers??? And ps3 still cant listen to music and play game simultaneously, wasnt xbox doing that ### in the 90's??? Point is: ps3 is gay. Because ps1 and ps2 were both boys systems and they must have ###ed eachother and spawned the ### ### system...PS3. Signed: -real life gangster gamer-
N  5th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Well after reading the review I suggested my friend not to but PS3 as he already owns a Xbox 360 which never gave such problem, but the thing is you dont get better games as compared to PS2. So just want to know if PS3 80 GB will cause any problem as my fried wants to play PS2 & PS3 games on it... Could you please advice.

Regards
Nakul Chavan
A  20th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree, with all previous complaints about the ps3, I live in Trinindad (West Indies) and there is not one sony Console they ever bring out that i never own. I bought my ps3 on April 08th 2008 i played it for a few hours a couple days a week and in a month and a half it stop reading any disc, i purchased it from a store in Gulf City Mall at First Priority Music Company Limited in Trinidad West Indies. They said i had a one (1) month warrany from the store and it was up so they have to send it back to sony and sony would advise them to exchange or if it could be repaired. Every time upon calling the store they said the ps3 was fedEx to sony and they did not got a reply. I am totally fedup of calling and noting definite is being said to me so i asked to speak to the owner but she was out of the country for a couple of weeks, i left several messages for her to call me but she never did. I finally got on to her and she is telling me that she had to get someone to take it up to sony and whenever they go to the U.S. they will pick it up from SONY and bring back to Trinidad. SONY needs to have more value for there customers because i feel like everyone else fedup, disgusted and i don't think i would purchase another SONY Product. I need sony to respond to me because i need a feedback on my ps3.
A  28th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Well I live in the states, Florida, and have just recently had problems after purchasing a PS3 6 months ago my console underwent problems with the driver, the screen went black after a game of COD4 and the game sound just stopped working, also after I would have to restart it, the console wouldn't read the CD and would come up with some kind of error. Sent my PS3 to sony came back worse! Would make a funny noise once I tried to insert the disc and wouldn't let it go in. The lights on the controller kept flasinging and my screen would just stay the same asking me yes or no about the HDMI input which I couldn't say yes to because the controller, so now I am sending it in for a second time. It pisses me off that customer service said they wouldn't give me a new one they will just keep sending me someones old one!!
N  15th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
My name is Navaneesh is from India - Tellicherry- Kerala -
My father bought for me Plystation 3 from Jumbo Electronics - Abudhabi (Vergin Mega Store). purchased
on 26-08-2008
While playing there was a power failure and the system is now unable to operate.
the system shows The PS3 hard disk's file system is corrupted and says to Press OK

- but when I Ipress 'ok'; it keeps repeating the same message. "Hard Disc FIle is corrupted".

WIll you please advise what we shall do in this regard, Is there any Service Station for this system in

Kannur or Calicut District.

Your advise is highly appreciated.

Thanking you and with kind regards,
A  25th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree with everyone .we just purchased a ps3 and it melted on us.It can read mp3 and, but it doesnt read anything because the eye is done.Id be really mad if they cam out with the ps4=(.if anyone has ps3 # notify right away
A  27th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have had my ps3 for just over a year at first the screen went off and back on now and then and now the garentee is up it will not even read any disc. As i used it only once a week for a couple of hours i think its discusting with the amount of money i payed for it
N  13th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just purchased my second Playstation 3 this past weekend. I owned a 40 GB one that i purchased in dec. of 07 and had it up until July of this year. I never had any problems with it and i would play it for an hour or two every day. I had to sell it because i had to pay some bills.

I originally purchased the system with the 2 year warranty from Best Buy, so i was prepared. Now, since they dont make the 40 GB anymore i purchased the 80 GB. I havent bought the 2 year warranty yet, but i will for sure. Um, the day i got it, i hooked it up and updated it online. i put each of my games in there to see if they worked and fine and they did. I also downloaded 2 demos from the PS store and have been playing those.

All, i can say is that i havent had any problems with my systems, but reading all this kinda scares me a bit, because we, consumers, spent a lot of money on these systems and we expect good quality products for the price.

Just tell me, isn't possible to sue Sony for all this and get our money back or just get new systems or have sony replace the faulty parts in these systems.

Sounds like Sony is raping everyone in the ### with these problems. Hopefully i dont have to go through that, cause im getting my two year warranty.
A  23rd of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I really do sympathize with people having this problem. I have the disc read error too. My PS3 no longer reads discs after 14 months. It is ###ing disgusting for Sony to make such sub-standard crap and charge us an arm and a leg for it. The problem is that everything seems to be made in China these days and their ### seems to fail just after a year. I have had such issues with all my Sony products over the past few years, DVD players, PS2's, audio equipment, and digital cameras have failed just after warranty expiration. Sony are a bunch of ###ing wankers! I will never buy their crappy ### anymore!

I am a pure hater of Sony now, in fact I feel homicidal over their ###. ###ing ### are peddling crap under a perceived reputable brand name. I hope they go bankrupt with this global financial turmoil.
N  31st of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
wow i dont own a playstation 3 yet but planning to buy one ... specialy since the game prince of persia is coming soon ... but all this is scary ... i never owned anything but nintendo and sega stuff, so never had a playstation ... but im realy undecided what to do ... go for xbox or ps3 ... hmmmmm ... sony seems realy bad at the way they treat people and stuff ... ill consider my options here ...

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree