Sony India / Poor service!

1 India Review updated:

I am having a SONY cam coder DCR-HC42E . I was facing a problem with its LCD display.I took this to one of SONY service center. They charged me 1915 rupees for this. Service charge itself was 1000 rupees. But What I want to mention here is the attitude of the customer support executives there. They were not even ready to listen to me . Very bad customer support. I was having slight addiction to SONY brand. Almost all my electronic goods are SONY. But this is the first time I am going to a direct sony service center. This experience forced me to rethink about my selection of electronic good brand.

Thanks,
Anish.

Comments

• Sh
      21st of Jun, 2008

it is a complaint of your bad service regarding TV remote RM-W104. We had a problem with program key of above remote. So we had visited your service center at sec-27, noida, on 15.06.08, but instead of repaire it they made the rempte totally dumb. Now it is not working at all. We are ready to bye a new one but it not was available in their stock. So we are waiting to bye it, almost one week has completed but it is not available yet. They did not provide the substitute of it. so pls resolve our complaint ASAP

• Ra
      11th of Oct, 2008

Leave the service guys alone for a second. take a look at the attitude of the real 'sony' guys at the call center. when my local sony service guy suggested that i pay Rs 2000/+ for a repair on a dvd player that currently costs 2600/-, naturally i reacted and called up the toll free number. without any emotion the person who attended the call suggested that i kick the dvd player off into trash because the sum of the parts do not necessarily total up to the cost of the player. it could be atleast 5 times more! so in short if one purchases a sony product in the future and it konks off, sony suggests that you dump it and purchase another one, because its much cheaper. a CRT Tv costs approx 9 grands, but if your pic tube misbehaves you are in for a real shock. the cost could be twice the amount of a brand new piece!

sony anymore? Caution Guys!

• Bh
      3rd of Mar, 2009

BEWARE OF SONY
    I purchased one DVD MODEL MHCGNZ 333 D/CE 12 SERIAL NO. 6110429 in Oct.2007 thinking it as a good quality product brand.I was given three service coupon alongwih warranty coupon.. The service person for demo. came after my request on helpine was made and not on their own as is practice with other cos. Further no one came for service although three service coupons were given at the time of sales .Now, my Dvd had some problem almost after expiry of warranty period( quiet strange ) .On contacting helpline i was given tel no. of service centre M/S Plasma vision Mumbai.I requested them to send service engineer .One engineer came to my home and said that as the lens of system has to be cleaned, it has to be taken to service centre. It looked that the man was not competent and sure about the problem .It is really a shock and bad experience to face with a SONY brand.Further i sent one e-mail to customer service dept. sony india on23/02/2009 about their poor quality and after sales service. The streotyped reply without any solution to my problemwas received after five days THAT TOO AFTER repeated telephonic reminders on their help line .they provide horrible sales service but charge the maximum compared to any other co.
    bharat agarwal

• Rr
      28th of Aug, 2009

very poor service soney handy cam service

• Hi
      1st of Oct, 2009

I am having a hell of a time with these service people right now. I have given a music system to be serviced and received a call about more than a week ago that it is serviced and will be delivered on 24th. I waited but no one came. I called in the evening they told me somebody will surely come. I called on saturday (25th) on the status and was told it will surely be delivered on Sunday, but again no one visited. Its 1st October today and I am still waiting.