Sony Handy Cam / Worthless extended warranty!
A little over a year ago my wife and I purchased a Sony Handy Cam on the day before we were leaving for Disney World Orlando. The sales person insisted we purchase an extended warranty because the manufacturers warranty would not cover everything and because we were spending $700 on a camera, we agreed it was best to be covered. We used the camera on vacation and several other school events over the past year with no problem.Recently my wife got the camera out of the armoine where it is stored when not in use, only to find that it would not charge or power up. My wife called the store in Livonia where we purchased it and they recommended we bring the camera into the store, and thats what she did. After attempting to resolve the problem in the store it was decided that the camera would have to be shipped off to the warranty provider to be fixed. After several weeks my wife received a call from HHGregg in Livonia Ga., and was told that the extended warranty that we purchased... the same warranty that the sales person assured us would cover everything... would not cover the damages to our camera, because it had been determined that the camera had internal water damage, caused by owner abuse, which is not only impossible, but extremely insulting. After exhausting all attempts to resolve this with the store manager... who in my opinion wasn't very interested in helping me when I was at the store and would not even take my calls, cooperate customer relations... I'm not real sure what their job is, they just directed me back to the store manager... and the regional manager whom no one would give me a contact phone number to, I felt the only thing left to do was to file a formal complaint. Our previous experiences with HHGregg have been good, thats why we are so disappointed about this one. In the year and a half we have lived in Ga. all of our major appliances and electronics have been purchased from HHGregg approximately $10,000. Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated due to the fact I cannot get any resolve from the store manager.
More Sony Handy Cam Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - remote control
- Sony Corporation - Sony India - damage of the tv panel during servicing at the service centre
- Sony Corporation - headphones
- Sony Corporation - playstation store
- Sony - service centre complaint by kamal khetan - mobile software issue