Sony Ericsson mobile phone T250i / cmplaint for T250i

1 India Review updated:

I purchased 1 pc. Sony Ericsson T250i cell phone (IMEI No. [protected]) from M/s Lucky Communication on 16/01/2008 for Rs. 3500 (Bill no. 00/941). After using it for sometime, It stopped working and I complained the same to the authorized service centre of Sony Ericsson (SURI TELICOM. MR. AMIT SHARMA, 454,West Guru Angad Nagar Gurdwara Road, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi-110051 Phone: [protected], [protected]) on 17/01/2008 and deposited my handset With Box vide complaint ID SES08STL10417. On 17/01/2008, I phoned the concerned Service Center & Mr. AMIT SHARMA and he told me that the handset cannot be repaired and further they will replace the same with the new one as it is under warranty period. Subsequently, I deposited the phone accessories full box to them. They were supposed to give the replacement withing 10 to 15 days. Thereafter I paid several visits to them followed by phone calls but they are not giving any head. It is almost 24 days have passed.Mr. SHARMA has finally promised me to give the replacement on 16/02/2008 but again failed. To the most disgust, he is saying a stereotyped message " We cant say, whenever the Company will provide, we will give you the replacement".

I am a common consumer and facing a tremendous hardship due to such practice of the authorized service centre. I seek your kind intervention to get me the replacement and the compensation for the delay and the strict action against the authorized service centre, M/S SURI TELICOM (particularly the concerned officer Mr. AMIT SHARMA) so as to curb such unjustified and unreasonable acts of the manufacturers and service providers.

Consequences : I am without phone. Since I cannot afford to buy a further new handset, I had to take a handset from my friend and that too not on regular basis. I have a grocery shop and without phone, I have been incurring a huge monetary loss and my buyers are giving order to others as they cant
contact me over phone. I have to visit the authorized service centre during the office hours, as
result first I have to close my shop then I visit there.

Comments

Ra
  18th of Feb, 2008

I had also purchased the similar phone in the current month of february 2008 also but the phone giving problme of switching off, hanging up frequently only after using 7-8 days. On complaining about the problem to the seller, they have diverted me to the Service Centre but they have not able to sort out the problems & ask me to deposit the phone for a day & then they will report back. I am having only one phone & hence i am not able to surrender the same.
While we are going to purchse the cellphone at Sony Ericsson Experience Shop, they are seems to be very cooperative but this is unfortunate part of such a big corporate sector line Sony Ericsson that they are not able to attend their customer satisfactorily.

Cl
  19th of Feb, 2008

Sony Ericsson sells defective phones and they do not care. I bought my daughter one about a year and a half ago and the phone started out fine and she loved how the phone should slide sideways then up to get to the keyboard (cool in her eyes... changable covers too, also it's a walkman. Soon after it started turning off when it wanted too, if she tried to answer a call it would hang up on the person and so on. Just a piece of junk. They gave us the same phone saying that one must have been defective, guess what, the second one was too. THEN when her cingular/ATT contract came up for an upgrade she wanted the new latest Sony phone. Slides up and you can jerk the phone to make it turn to the next song of whatever it's supposed to do. Not sure because that doesn't work and the phone is hanging up on her when she tries to answer it again and doesn't receive calls when she has full service. Cingular/ATT would only replace the phone since it's been under a year with the same phone but at this point I am so done with Sony Ericsson phones so after talking too many people about the dangers in her having this phone, god forbid she needs to make a call and it hangs up on her, the bottom line is they sent me to talk to sony themselves, and their warranty department didn't care either. Now that my daughter is 16 and driving by herself, I feel thats when a child really needs a reliable phone. I don't want it replaced for it to do the same thing again. BUT ATT/CINGULAR and SONY DO NOY CARE!!!!