Sony Ericsson K550i / Phone security lock

India Review updated:
2.5
When we switch ON the phone then he asks about security code and after filling code it is not on. Please help.
Ma

Comments

Bi
  31st of May, 2007
I purchased a Sony Erricsson K550i on March-30th'07. After that within first 20 days i found that it does not keep the details of calls. So i put into the service center in Bhubaneswar and i get the problem solve. Again i faced a problem regarding my speaker, I was not able to listen others voice, and battery showing problem and The headset also showing problem.

Now when today i went their for receiving my good, They Handed me the broken headset and told me that it is not warrantable as it is broken, But they didn't tell me about broken of headset at the time of depositing the parts.

Again they keep my bill and service form. Even they behaves very poorly. Is this a customer deserve after purchasing the product.

The service center address is:

Babli Media
106A, Raja Danendra Street
Shyam Bazar, Kolkata
Mj
  17th of Jun, 2007
I too had a bitter experience with Sony Ericsson's P990i product and one of Sony Ericsson's certified service center/ Call center when I gave my Sony Ericsson mobile (P990i) purchased from Samar Communication, Palam Vihar, Gurgaon, Haryana-122017 vide receipt no 177 dated Apr 27, 2007 on my Citi bank gold credit card by paying Rs 28203/- with warranty of one year. (Which I feel overcharged as per few other dealers, the cost at that time was Rs 20,000, followed by lots of freebies). Subsequently, purchased 2 GB memory on my Stanchart Platinum credit card by paying Rs 3300/- on June 27, 2007 as advised by the dealers.

The phone started malfunctioning and I encountered a number of problems from the day one such as 1) The phone was unable to save more than 16 contacts to SIM, on repeat process the same random 16 numbers again get saved. 2) The phone could not accommodate more than 60-70 lists in the contacts, to save more than that few other numbers have to be deleted. 3) Despite enhancing to 2 GB as suggested by the dealers, the same problems persists. 4) Unable to save to memory stick from the contacts. 5) The memory stick cover does not shut properly the way it should have been in other phone with same models. 6) It shows some messages such as information can't be found, no memory and at time SG... etc. In totality, I was not satisfied with the product and all my efforts to diagnose the actual fault gone vain.

Finally, I carried the mobile to Sony Ericsson's DT City Centre, Gurgaon, Haryana on Jun 02, 2007 and showed to the staff, after thorough checking they advised me to go to Arcade near JMD in Gurgaon and at last, advised me to go to Sony Ericsson's certified Service centre at Galeria, Gurgaon, Haryana.

I visited Galeria and shown to Mr PK Koul, Floor In-charge, JLK Enterprises, Galeria, Gurgaon he in turn, requested me to come the very next day with all documents after listening to my problems and my query to replace the handset with a new one. The next day, I took my set along with complete documents as requested by him. But to my dismay, he got into some sort of ordeal stating that the set goes to other repair center for advanced diagnosis, from there another centre. He told me that it takes minimum 16-18 days and the replacement also comes from there. When I requested for a substitute he got offended and even refused to undertake the repair and asked me to go ahead where ever I wish to. He refused to give me in writing in the letter head when I asked him to pen down why he could not service.

At the end of the ordeal, he had asked me to hand over the set to the technician which I did.

I brought this incident to the knowledge of Sony Ericsson's customer service center number of times. But to my dismay, I get only one reply that they would come back to me with best possible solutions.

I threatened them by demanding the amount spent on the mobile (Rs 28203+ Rs 3300= Rs 31503) and for the damages or lodging FIR and going to consumer court/News Papers etc, but the company/customer service centre was unmoved and stopped corresponding with me. My official as well as personal work is suffering without the phone. Finally, I received a replacement (as per the service centre it was a new phone, where as on checking I found that a folder called “Sonu with 145 contacts” which clearly states that the phone is repaired one) P990i with IMEI NO. 359593003249287 at 1920 hrs on June 15, 2007 without the screen protector against my brand new phone with IMEI No. 359593001532796. It appears that P990i is a bad product and I came to know from the service engineer that the company has stopped its production as several customers are approaching the company with innumerable complaints.

I would therefore, request you to look into the matter and take necessary legal action if possible against the company so that no customer is subjected to any sort of harassment undergone by me and help me in getting my money back with compensation for the damages.

A positive action in this regard will be highly appreciated.

With Warm Regards

M Jayaprakash
Ve
  18th of Jun, 2007
I have purchased Sony Ericsson Cellphone Model Number: W700i on 20october 2006 from Vaishno Electronics Pvt.Ltd., 131, MCD Mkt., Ghaffar market, Karol bagh, New delhi-110005 (Book no:152,Serial no:15182).

My Cellphone IMEI NUMBER IS:35167301-827883-7 and from the first onwards I am facing problem with this cellphone.The problems are as follows:

1)Speaker-the speaker is bursting and shrilling up. The clarity of the speaker is very bad.

2)Camera-Clarity of the cameras very f bad and when you switch on the camera then you go to settings,then you go to shoot mode, from shoot mode you select Frames and then you select one of the frames.on the frame you adjust the image by zooming in and out after you have adjusted and then you shoot the image, after shooting the image shoot just scrambles.

Right from the day one , this cellphone is not functioning properly,it seems that there is some manufacturing defect in this phone. Complaints related to these fault were made to Sony Ericsson service center (9/14, East Patel Nagar, New delhi-110008). Twice the phone was returned after making minor adjustments.But as the defect continued the phone was sent to okhala service center. The complaint number are as follows:

1)11575
2)12071

But the fault still persists. It is regrettable that a company of high esteem like yours is insensitive to customers. I am being forced to write to you and request to please refund the amount .i.e.11, 500 spend by me in purchasing this cellphone. I am poor student and cannot afford to discard a phone within a year of its purchase. Its a hard earned money of my mother who is in past for as many years using Nokia Brand with entire satisfaction. It was me who insisted in purchasing sony ericsson cellphone and now i am regretting my decision whereases my friends are enjoying the good performance of sony ericsson cellphone. It proves that my sony ericsson cellphone has manufacturing defect in it.
Sh
  22nd of Jun, 2007
I agree with bibhas... even i am suffering from same issue. my cellphone is jst two months old and is now wid service center since 15 days... and always there is an excuse for not returning it, at the same time service center people reply very badly... i don't know how companies like sony gonna survive like this?

We pay so much fr not only product but fr after sale service tooo... and with sucha pathetic response m against sony ericson now, can sumbdy pls suggest me wid wot to do?
Pe
  16th of Jul, 2007
Lodge the case in consumer forum thats it & relax. Find the URL http://www.core.nic.in This is Govt of India Site made for such rascals...

take it easy...
peeyush
De
  16th of Sep, 2007
the menu of my soniericsion phone is not open so pls hep me
Sa
  23rd of Aug, 2008
plz help me cause i lost my cell phone

EMI no. is 35744400-898504-5

plz help me
my no. is 9871111410
or 9818977119
Vi
  28th of Aug, 2008
I purchased a Sony Erricsson K530i on july-27th'08 (evening 6 pm) from Metro Mall, Gurgaon. After 3 days (july-31th'08 morning) it's stop working and show the blue light only. So i put into the service center in DLF phase-III, Gurgaon. and he is told me "Sorry, we are not solve your handset problem, you goto the DELHI Service Center.." so am deposit the handset in the DELHI (Aug, 4th'08, evening), Service Center (SALORA INTERNATIONAL, OKHLA Phase-III, DELHI), at the the deposit time she is told me you come after 2 or 3 days then you get your cellphone and till now we are not replay too me about my mobile. if call into the Service center and he is asking" Sorry, your handset problem not solve, you come after 2 or 3 days." again and again am listen some replay from the Sony Ericsson service center, but today am listen deferent words i call and Mr. Rajesh (In-charge) +91-9910398033, he is asking me you're handset not repair bcoz it's borken headset And told me that it is not warrantable as it is broken, But they didn't tell me about broken of headset at the time of depositing the parts. after 24 days he is told me your cellphone is BORKEN right now i have no idea about my handset when it's come...?

Job sheet number/ request number :- SES08DR223227

4th of Sep, 2008
get it flashed
Lo
  19th of Sep, 2008
My mobile Model K550i jet black phone is theft. How can trace my mobile or lock the set & sim.
Go
  28th of Sep, 2008
My mobile set make - Sony Ericsson, Model no- K550i, Bearing IMEI- 35934601-810271-9 has been stollen on 28.09.2008 at about 9.15pm. Please help me how can I locate the set? if not possible can the Set be Blocked to aviod misuse.
Please inform me as soon as possible
En
  13th of Oct, 2008
ek bar mil jaye customer harasser executive to inko dauda dauda kar jootey maroo. they are all bunch of fools.
Da
  16th of Oct, 2008
I purchased K550i on march 20th 2008 in Saravana Stores, TNagar, Chennai-17, After 6 months the phone is dead, not even switch on, after that i given the sony erricson authorised service centre in chennai which is in Greems Road ACCEL service center on September 25 th 2008, they are said with in 3 working days ur mobile will be serviced, but so they didnt turnup, when we try service telephone its always user busy, after that i directly went to service center they giving irrespnosible answers. So for im not get my mobile after the service.
My Accel Service call no : CN1-SE-006239/2008-RTB
Di
  18th of Oct, 2008
sony ericsson K530i

i am able to hear voice only on speaker

my voice can hear by other side person but i am not able to hear other person voice without speaker how to solve it
Ka
  26th of Oct, 2008
Ga
  1st of Nov, 2008
My mobile is W580i and the company's response is no different. Can anyone suggest the company's postal address i.e. their head office or registered office
Sw
  16th of Nov, 2008
how do we keep the security code ??
Ag
  16th of Nov, 2008
Those ringtone sites are a scam. AVOID!
On
  23rd of Feb, 2009
Is It Any procedure to exchange headset as my headset is not working and my sony phone k580i is just three months old.
On