Sony Camera / sony camera cyber shot is not working

United States Review updated:

I am 76 years old and I bought my Sony camera several years ago. i did’nt get to use it very long when all of a sudden I could not view the subject I was going to take a picture of. Everything else was working but that. I was devastated because I bought it and paid more than I could really afford because i wanted to take pictures of my Grandchildren. My warranty was out so just figuered I had been taken and had bought a lemon.

I got it out the other day thinking by sitting so long, that maybe it might work. But it did’nt The screen still lit up and the read outs were still there, but no view of subject to be photographed. My daughter was visiting and I showed it to her and she said “Mom, I thought you sent that back in when they recalled them for that problem”. I told her that I did’nt know about it. She said, ”well we sent ours back in and they fixed it. They had the same camera I had because we had gotten them at the same time.

So my question is, what must I do to get the repair? I would like to have talked to Customer Service but could not find a telephone number.

Tr

Comments

• Vi
      26th of Mar, 2012

I bought Sony Camera from Thailend How can I regestation Online??

• Th
      19th of Apr, 2012

Maybe your daughter can help you since she already has dealt with the problem.

• So
      26th of Apr, 2012

Hi Triava, This is Pat Kennedy with the Sonylistens Team...Thank you for your comment and please accept my apologies for the problems encountered with your camera. Some helpful information including troubleshooting tips, bulletins, even repair setup if needed for your model may be found at http://esupport.sony.com/ . If this information is not useful or you need further assistance, please contact Sony’s customer support @ Priority Service: 239-768-7547 Hours:

■Mon-Fri 8:00am-12:00am (Midnight) ET
    ■Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm ET

Please feel free to contact Sony at your convenience. Thank you !