Snap Fitness / overcharging

1 Newtown, CT, United States Review updated:

I met with the staff and requested that no cards be allowed to charge vending or any other service; membership only, as I have teenagers. My account continuously kept being overcharged by double. I attempted on numerous occasions to sit and speak with the manager and my son even dropped off my bank statement...the manager was always "unavailable." I finally wrote a complaint on the internet email and received a phone call back from the manager within 15 minutes. I was told that vending access had been kept on my card and even though my sons had their own cards, that their system showed that all the charges were placed on my card, so both of my sons had to have used only my card and never their cards, and, that vending is always kept on the primary card. I asked why it had been kept on since I had requested no vending on all cards and was told that it had to stay on. The manager then preceded to tell me that he would take it off even though he had just stated that vending had to stay on, and that they weren't responsible for my kids, I was, and I hadn't controlled them. I suggested to him that this was a poor approach, he lost my membership, my family's membership, and would be receiving bad press, BBB, CofA, and a note to Atty. General. He did not care. A very poor business person. I would have loved to continue this membership for my family but was completley burned.

Comments

• Op
      22nd of May, 2011

Poor parenting. Your teenagers burned you.

22nd of May, 2011

Have to disagree with you Arch. If the OP told them no vending on her card, then that should have been honored...it's her card and she should have say over it, not the fitness center. They were being sneaky.

22nd of May, 2011

Yeah and teenagers are so well known for always obeying their parents and never testing limits...which is probably exactly why the OP said no vending.

22nd of May, 2011

I don't believe I was addressing you either, it's an open board.

22nd of May, 2011

I'll say what I want, when I want. Why don't you stop following me around taking an opposing position to everything I say. Get lost.

22nd of May, 2011

Poor mollie. Going to turn her in to addy too? It is obvious your comment was in direct response to ILC's. ILC is a respected member of this board.

22nd of May, 2011

Poor Arch. What's that brown stuff there on your nose? I don't care who's 'respected' or not 'respected'. Of no importance to me. I'll write whatever I want whenever I want.

22nd of May, 2011

Following you around? Paranoid? Telling ILC how to comment now are you? "Stop taking an opposing position to everything I say." Really? How about you stop being a ###?

22nd of May, 2011

Too funny. You stay here and insult me, it seems to work for you! I'm moving on, better reading on other threads. Still laughing.

22nd of May, 2011

I'll take some Brenda. Mollie had no call jumping on ILC like that, all ILC did was agree with me and mollie took it as a personal affront, trying to play the martyr now and wanting a pity party because she got called on her BS.

22nd of May, 2011

I didn't jump on anyone, if anything it was cookies who took a comment personal, not me. But its all good, I don't care. Personal affront? Again, it was cookies who took MY comment as a personal affront, go back and read. But it doesn't matter, I understand your feeble attempt at divide and conquer, go for it! I'm up early for work in the mornng, so I'll have to call it quits for tonight, but do go on, it will still be entertaining when I get home tomorrow!

22nd of May, 2011

Never said stalking brenda, just coming along behind me on a few threads tonight seeminly opposing whatever I say. Good night all.

22nd of May, 2011

Thanks Brenda, you're a pal.

25th of May, 2011

Not martydrdom cookies, annoyance. And I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

25th of May, 2011

Right as rain that, mollie.