SmashBurger / incorrect order and poor customer service experience

1 Denver, CO, United States

Hello. My name is Edie Revi. I have a complaint about the Smashburger location at 7305 E 35th Ave in Denver, CO. My son and I order from this location fairly regularly. 3 out of our last 4 orders have had issues; Incorrect items, payment processing issues and exceeding pick up times by nearly 30 minutes. Today, I placed an order online (#[protected]). I ordered 3 sandwiches. Big Spicy Baja, Buffalo Blue Cheese Grilled Chicken and a Big Classic. The big classic was the only correct item I received. I got a regular burger with no toppings or condiments on a wheat bun and a regular grilled chicken sandwich instead of the Big Baja and Buffalo that I ordered. My son is a Type 1 Diabetic and had already taken insulin for the meal. Despite being incorrect, he had to eat what was given to us or face the severe medical conditions that taking insulin without eating would cause. After eating, I called the store to level a complaint. Upon telling my issue to the employee (who did not "listen") I was asked questions for the information I had just provided. First, I was told that the order couldn't have been incorrect. I assure you that it was. I was told I needed to bring the food back or nothing could be done. I told them that my son needed to eat and I was simply calling to let them know that the order had been incorrect. I thought it was important that they knew for future reference. I was not rude, or loud or disrespectful. When I was going to speak with the manager, I was told that I would be put on hold and was disconnected instead. My family works in the hospitality industry, I have an understanding of food and customer service. I simply want to let you know that I am very dissatisfied with how this was handled and that this type of rudeness will cost you customers. I hope you address this shortcoming with your staff. Thanks for your consideration.

Ed