Smart Styles In Walmart / overprocessed hair

1 TN, United States Review updated:

I was in the Smart Styles in Southaven, MS at 6811 Southcrest. I started having a Lupus attack while the stylist was doing my hair and she thought that I was trying to get in front of the other patrons in the shop. The next day after the attack had subsided I realized that my hair was over processed and that she had cut almost 3 inches of my hair, mind you I was charged 54.95, which included 44.95 for the retouch and 10.00 for my hair being long. Perm was also left in my head and I had to re-wash my own hair to get the residue out before it took what was left of my hair. The sytlist was the manager of the shop and she had a very bad attitude the whole time she was doing my hair and this was before the attack. I think they should have a simple questionaire that should be completed to find out about the patron before doing their hair. So if a situation arises they will be more able to handle it and not get a worser attitude. They stylist name was Camilla.

Re

Comments

• Au
      1st of Aug, 2009

I understand haveing a health problem is something that no one wants to deal with but it is not the salons problem to deal with. I been to this salon as well as better ones like toni and guy and they dont have a questioniare either. If you asked that of them then you have to ask every restraunt you eat at to have one, every store you shop at and etc just in case you have an attack. Im sorry your hair was messed up up but really dont see how your Lupus attack is there fault maybe where an medical id bracelet so they know to call 911 and if you were sorry but from your statement it seems like you left on your own free will.

• Ha
      13th of Oct, 2009

There is no such thing as a retouch on a perm. Your perm may have grown out, but they still have to re-wrap your whole head of hair. It's not a retouch, so they were right to charge you for a full perm because that's what they did.