Smart Savings Center / UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

1 FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-511-6538

MADE THE MISTAKE OF MAKING A SMALL ONLINE PURCHASE WITH SMART SAVINGS AND RACKED UP OVER $230 IN CHARGES TO MY ACCOUNT BEFORE I BEGAN TO NOTICE THE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES. THEY ARE CROOKS AND YOU NEED TO BE AWARE. HOWEVER BEFORE YOU WILL FIND THIS LIKELY YOU WILL HAVE ALREADY BEEN TAKEN. SOMEONE NEEDS TO PUT UP A WEB SITE AND WARN THE WORLD BEFORE MORE OF THIS UNCONSCIONABLE CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR IN SUCH A BAD ECONOMY ROBS YET MORE PEOPLE!! SHAME ON THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL RECEIVE A WINDFALL OF ILL AS A RESULT.

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Oct, 2008
    Smart Savings Center - Fraudulent Charges
    smartsavingscenter.com

For 2 months in a row now after purchasing books through amazon.com, our credit card was charged without authorization for services by smartsavingscenter.com. I called them to have the charges reversed and to have "our membership" canceled. We never authorized any membership. This happened to us about a year ago and I had to go through the same process.

28th of Oct, 2008

Rip off's. Don't fall for their scams. I have to change my bank account now so they can't scam me again. Please don't fall for it, be careful. They alure you by offering a amazing discount and then they don't provide the discount they offer, plus they charged me a $29.95 membership fee.

10th of Nov, 2008

Very similar suituation, i ordered book for $9.99 and smartsaving charged me 3 times, first one is $1.00, i have no ideal what's one dollar for? Second is 10.81, i thought that is the book price and tax. Just after a weekend, i saw my online statement, there is a big surprise charge $29.95 from Smartsaving, who i am suppose to call, does any one know smartsavingcenter phone #?

One thing i don't understand, i saw lots of complaitns on line, why like such company still there?

• Je
      5th of Dec, 2008

their number is 18667075858. Great i just bought a book set from a completly diff. site and it says I have 7 days to cancel both the smart savings and the membership.I hope I dont run into all these problems but their address and phone number is the same as this smartsavingscenter.Now Im nervous

• Ar
      18th of Jan, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - charge on credit card
    Kaplan
    Louisiana

Smart Saving took out addtional charges on my credit card for a video i bought in december. I was billed for the video 22.15 on Dec 13. then on Dec 18 i had another charge of 29.95. The original bill was supposed to be 22.15. I dont understand why i have an additional charge here.

1st of Feb, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - charged my account w/out authorization
    smart savinsg center
    1023 rainbow falls rd
    Graniteville
    Phone: (803)663-5538
    gonzalezjesus01@peoplepc.com

I made a purchase at smart savings center. com for $4.08 and now they had charged my account for $29.95 without my authorization and I am asking for my money back.

• Lu
      5th of Feb, 2009

I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD CHARGE MY ACCOUNT FOR 29.95 W/O MY AUTHORIZATION.ALSO 1.00..I DIDNT GET ANYTHING FROM THIS... I WANT MY MONEY BACK.. DONT TOUCH MY ACCOUNT..I TRIED TO CALL YOU NOT LONG AGO.. YOU PUT ME ON HOLD TOO LONG...I BETTER HEAR FROM YOU.. YOU BETTER REFUND MY MONEY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... THANKS
    MY E MAIL ADDRESS IS lluther1@carolina.rr.com..thanks Louise

• Go
      14th of Feb, 2009

By placing an order with Hot movie sales.com your credit card will be billed $29.95 for a bogus membership to something called smart savings center. The charge is hidden and you won't know about it until you receive your credit card bill. Good luck in trying to get this charge taken off your bill. I am still trying. You will have to try and contact Smart savings center to have the bogus membership canceled. Again good luck on getting someone to answer the phone at this scam operation.

• Vi
    Smart Savings Center - Billing me without authorization
    Florida
    Phone: 800 511 6538
    smartsavingscenter.com

I have been billed $29.95 for "membership" for each of the last two months. These charges were never authorized. I never joined any such organization.

15th of Feb, 2009

i did not give you permission to charge my account 29.95, you did this without my permission, and my husband is a lawyer and he said you better put my money back into my account, and do not ever take anymore money out again.if you do not put the money back into my account or refund me the money ASAP. he will be taking legal action against you for doing this without my permission.i better hear from you very soon, or he is going to start actions. my email is shuie57@gmail.com.thanks i will be waiting for your message on my email or a check in the mail very soon like this friday 2/20/09. or else !!!thanks sharon you will be caught from doing this to anyone else like i have been reading.

15th of Feb, 2009

i am very upset with these people, i am tired of being used and ripped off and i want to put a stop to it. that is my attitude!!! and i have made copies of everything i have written to you.

nothing else

• Vi
      17th of Feb, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - non authorized billing
    N/A
    Fran
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 814-432-4686

My account with your company was terminated as of January 22, 2009. Spoke to rep. Ray and given cancellation reference # 180435840. As of this date no other charges should have been taken from my debit card. A $1.00 charge was taken out of my account on February 3, 2009, WHY IS THAT????? Please rectify this situation as soon as possible. Thank you very much. Sincerly, Vicki Brooks

19th of Feb, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - Account charged $ 29.95 without authorization
    smartsavingscenter.com

I recently purchased a book for $ 12.97 on 2/6/09 and on 2/12/09 my checking account was debited for $ 29.95 plus $1.00 on 2/5/09. I don't know how they manage to put this in without people realizing that it is a SCAM. I just hope my account is not charged $ 29.95 a month. Buyer BEWARE!!

• Ro
      19th of Feb, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - unautorized charges
    ROBERT JONES
    Arkansas

my wife is a school teacher and she wanted a specific movie for use in her classroom. I found a goood deal on the internet, so I ordered the movie . I later received an email stating it had been back ordered . Approximately a month later I received another email stating they could no longer get this movie but I'm being charged a membership fee anyway.

• Ba
      25th of Feb, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - charging card for no purchase
    smart savings center
    Grand Rapids
    Michigan
    Phone: 6168020969

bought 1 dvd and now my bank account is overdrawn cause they have charged me 3 times 29.95 this is insane and unlawful

• Be
      27th of Feb, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - unauthourized membership charge
    Hot Movie Sale
    Mobile
    Alabama
    Phone: 2516493431

ordered movies from hotmoviesale.com and was charged for membership with smart saving center. Did not authorize.

• Bc
      28th of Feb, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - Fraudulant charges
    Maryland

Fraudulant charges made to credit card account. I am working with credit card company to resolveas soon as possible.

3rd of Mar, 2009
    Smart Savings Center - charges after i cancelled account
    Virginia

i can't rmember what i ordered, but i cancelled this account and i was charged 1.00 this month on my credit card. please credit this to my account ASAP

sharonh hooks

• Je
      4th of Mar, 2009

You are going have to call the company and cancel. Get the persons name who you spoke with and a confirmation number. If they say they will send it in an email, don't let them! Get it from them! They will keep charging and the amount will go up to 29.95. File a dispute after you cancel...not before! That's the only way they will stop. I've canceled two cards...but they kept charging me!