Smart Circle / fraud

1 Sherman Oaks, CA, United States Review updated:

Beware,

I purchased a vegas from Smart circle and was told I could not use it. I tried to get my money back and to no avial. I bought it at Sam's Club. I finally contacted Sam's Club head offices and filed a complaint through my lawyer. We as consumers need to stand up and not put up with being scammed. If you are not happy, they are not going to refund you. Contact the corporate offices of Sam's club
[protected]. Tell them you need to speak to somone in the legal department of Sam's Club. This is a switch board for Sam's Club, and Walmart. You will get someone to listen to you. I promise- Sam's club needs to know they just hooked up with the biggest scam in the market!!!

Comments

• Ly
      13th of Oct, 2008

My husband purchased a "Smart Circle Card" for 4 Midas oil changes for 29.99. He was told it was to suppport D.A.R.E. When we tried to use the card, Midas said they had cut off the promotion months ago and told Smart Circle to stop selling them. They said, "if you call them, they'll tell you you don't have a receipt. You just tell them you have the card and that's your receeipt." That's exactly what went down when we called Smart Circle. They offered a refund, but only if we mailed them the card.

And nowhere on the card does ir mention D.A.R.E.

• La
      7th of Nov, 2008

You are required to return the certificate so that you don't get a refund and then try to use it. I

• Cu
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Dear Lisa 80220,

We are sincerely sorry to hear about your experience with the Las Vegas travel promotion. The Smart Circle strongly believes in upholding a consistent and quality customer satisfaction policy, which includes honoring full refunds for customers who request them, and your purchase is no exception. In order to begin processing your refund, we will need a few additional details, such as a mailing address where we can deliver the check. We also hope to obtain more details from you as to the reasons given for not honoring your requests so that we may remedy the situation and prevent further incidents such as this as quickly as possible. Please contact us at 972-473-9500, ext. 216, at your earliest convenience to get the refund process started.

Your feedback will definitely be taken into consideration as we continue to look for additional ways to enhance our service for consumers across the country and bring only the best promotions to Sam’s Club members. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and very much appreciate your business!

Best Regards,
    The Smart Circle

• Kp
      17th of Oct, 2009

We have just returned from a wonderful vacation in Cancun with Sams Club/ Smart Circle, no complaints great food, best trips. Now heading for Orlando hoping for the same.

• Tg
      19th of Jul, 2010

I bought a Smart Circle Vegas trip ( Tahiti Village) at Sam's Club, It cost me $198 for 3 nights. It was fantastic, the room was huge with a kitchenette, living room with couch, chair, 2- 42" T.V.'s, a stereo, huge bathroom, awesome pool and lazy river. Great place and great vacation.Also bought a local dinner cruise on Lake Erie in Cleveland, Normally $46 a person, got the smart circle deal got 3 free cruises, 3 buy 1 get one and a 20% discount for $39. Wen't this past Sat, used a buy 1 get 1 and it already paid for itself. Going on the brunch cruise next.

I did however have a problem with a salon card I bought for my fiance, the problem was the girl who was working for Smart Circle wrote down the wrong experation date by mistake. The salon would not honor it, smart circle said they would issue another but it would take a month, Sam;s Club refunded the money instead. So mfar I have been bery pleased with this company.

Tom

• Da
      22nd of May, 2013

I bought a movie ticket deal for Cinema Café and I was quite pleased! As a parent we are always looking for inexpensive ways to have family outings and this was a REALLY good investment!
    I would do it all over again!!

Sincerely,