Sleep Country / HR

1 Clackamas, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 503-730-5438

I am not sure if this fits as a complaint on this website compared to all the others i have seen but I need to tell people anyway. I recently applied for a job at a Sleep Country in Portland, Oregon. I have been out of the US Army for a month and they knew this. By law employers cannot ask about my military background or anything about how i servered my time. I got an honorable discharge. Upon starting the interview they started to ask my about the army and when I was hesitant to answer some of their questions they realized I was nervous. I was in the army for 9months. They knew this. The HR woman named Paula said to me "What?, were you just not cut out for the Army?" You have no idea how mad this made me. Did she know who she was talking to? I served my country honorably for 9months before getting hurt and being discharged. How dare she question my service and my ability to do my old job.
Anyway, this is a complaint about SLeep Country USA and their HR department. If you try to get a job with them they will discriminate. thanks for reading. Sorry for any bad grammer.

Pa

Comments

• Ed
      9th of Jan, 2010

I know I am sick and tired of so many Sleep Country commercials. They are on all the time on all channels.
    As far as I am concerned if a company has to try that hard to sell their product there is something wrong.
    Sorry but I wish the economy had taken them down or at least fixed them so they couldn, t afford to do commercials any more.
    I wouldn't buy a bed from them if I had to sleep on the floor.