Sixt.com / sixt kuwait rent a car

Kuwait Airport, Kuwait Review updated:

I have rented a car with Sixt Kuwait Airport Office office on 16 June 2016 for two days. After I returned the car, 4 days later, the airport office charged my credit card an extra 50KD. When asked, I am informed that they found a scratch on the driver door. I am sure that this scratch didn't happen because of me. The scratch shared in the picture was so evident on the driver door, so I would have noticed it for sure. Also when i returned the car's inspection passed successfully, obviously there wasn't any scratch at that time. I posted this complaint in facebook tagging sixt kuwait office but response from Sixt kuwait. Sixt.com responded a couple of times mentioning that they will contact kuwait office and will look into it. Some other people has also responded to my post mentioning that this exact incident has happened to them also after they returned the car. This is clearly a cheating technique by your kuwait office to make some free money. I believe they are targeting international travellers hoping that they wouldn't return. I complained with the kuwait office and also the head office in europe, but all in vain. I would appreciate if you can resolve my issue. Thanks. Its been 8 months since i raised this complaint and no solutions yet.

• Updated by AntonyJohn, Apr 03, 2017

Any one flying to Kuwait please don't get carried away by the cheap rates of Sixt Rent a Car. If you still want to go for it, please take the full insurance with 0 KD excess. Thats the only way.

• Dear mr. John
    greetings from sixt Kuwait!
    we will contact you by email with attached photos for the damage
    thanks
    sixt Kuwait

• Updated by AntonyJohn, Apr 05, 2017

Sixt Kuwait... So when will you process my refund?

• Updated by AntonyJohn, Mar 12, 2018

Another poor fellow... https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sixtcom-extra-charging-from-credit-card-c829809.html#c1783314

• Updated by AntonyJohn, May 06, 2018

Salem, any update from Sixt Kuwait. They will never accept their fraudulence. Just curious. I am just happy that i am continuously passing on this message to every group of people visiting Kuwait through my agency. I also tell them to spread the message so that their friends also does not fall in this trap.

An
Apr 03, 2017

Comments

Apr 04, 2017

Thanks for responding to me finally. Well frankly I don't think that is going to help as i am not asking for proof. I have the pictures already sent by you with me a week after I left Kuwait. That is not the point. If there really was a scratch made during my rental tenure, then you should have identified it the day when i returned the car. That day when I returned the car your officer evaluated the car and couldn't find any scratches, guess why?? There wasn't any. The picture you sent to me has got scratches near the driver door handle and no one can miss it in the evaluation. Its so obvious. I am 100% sure that there wasn't any scratches when I returned the car. The car was left in the Airport parking after the evaluation on that day and the next day your team drove the car to your service station and then claimed to have found out these scratches. I don't think i am responsible for any scratches that may have occurred after i handed over the car to your team. Its your responsibility. So kindly refund my hard earned money. 50KD is a huge amount for me. I dont want to pay for some one else's mistake.

Mar 12, 2018

i faced same issue for Kuwait sixth staff same way of cheating after three days of returned the vehicle send picture of very smoll scratch and charge you lots of money . even tell now they didn't return my deposit back despite i send them two emails but no replay

what i believe its their practices

Mar 12, 2018

@salem00700 Its the management's fault. That's is how they make money. Something unique to SIXT Kuwait. Reminds me the movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre. They trap the prey with cheap rates and then rip them off after they leave the country. I have many collegues who fly to kuwait to meet family and for work. I always tell them dont go to SIXT Kuwait... They are big fraudsters. They totally ignored my complaints and messages in this website and also via facebook.