Sixt Car Rental / please never rent from them, they are scammers

United States Review updated:

I rented a car from Sixt and when I went to pick it up at the location that was given to me, that location was closed down and out of business. Thank god I had a phone to call them and they told me to go to a different location and when I got there, they didn’t have a car that I registered for. So they gave me a different car and when I left, my GPS broke in the middle of France, so I got lost in the foreign country, so I had to find a store and buy a new gps. After I returned back to my country, I saw that they charged me a cancellation fee for no show, when in fact I did show, it’s only because I didn’t get a car from the location that I had originally, when that location was closed down.

I also got charged another 2300 for charges that are not explained. I’m trying to contact customer service in France for the past two weeks and no one returns my phone calls or e-mails. I called British customer service and they said they could not help me, only French ###s could, who do not return my messages. So I’m out over 2500 in additional charges, and the car was returned in perfect condition. And also when I picked up a car from French location, the tank was not filled up, it was in fact almost empty, so I had to fill up on my own account. Please never rent from them, they are scammers.

Fa

Comments

•   May 12, 2011

My name is Gary Coughlan, I am the U.K Customer Service Manager. I am very sorry to read about your experience with us France and that you did not receive the correct support from my Team in the U.K. Please could you forward some details to gary.[protected]@sixt.com I will personally check this issue for you.

Best regards