Singlesnet.com / Fake profiles

They offer a free membership profile, but send flirts from women that do not know that the company is sending these flirts to men. They do this so you will join the site for $28.95. When I wrote these ladies back I found that they never sent the firt and they did not know what I was talking about. It's clear that they have a internal system that can send flirts from members that are unaware.

The company also says that it screens profiles, but often profiles from scam artist Russian women are not removed. It's easy to find these fake profiles that have model pictures and the word "I want to find a interesting person."

Va

Comments

9th of Oct, 2007

I filled out the minimum of info and then had a look around. Within 3 minutes my email had 6 contacts...one just happened to be an attractive blond I had seen earlier but done nothing. On her profile I noticed that she described herself as brown hair...strange for a blond? In the corner of her photo was a logo - NewFaces.com. I went to that site and found it was a modeling resource and there she was. Obviously she had no need of a dating site so the earlier profile was faked. The supposed flirts I had received immediately promoted me to fully subscribe to flirt or contact back and yet when I looked at my account, no one had even looked at my profile. Save your time and keep your money for a Friday night out - you will have better luck.

18th of Oct, 2007

I was scammed on SingleNet. out of 3,200.00 from a fake member. 10/17/07 Using name Stephanie Maxwell of Syricuse New York. She was on business in Lagos Nigeria. She had an accident and needed my help. I found her MySpace page and it looked legit and had basically the same info that SingleNet had. She w/ blond 35 year old business owner no kids never married. Who do I need to contact about this?

18th of Oct, 2007

I must retract my complaint w/ the board. And Offer my regret and appoligy to Stephanie Maxwell of Syrucuse New York. I stated that I was scammed and I truely thought I was ,with all the fraud going on in Lagos Nigeria. I wired a girl I met online 3200.00
    I did not hear back from her till late and by that time I had done much research. And was convinced I was scammed out of my money. She did contact me She did provide a pass port proving her Identity. I am truely sorry for any inconvinance that I may have caused.

• Je
      2nd of Feb, 2008

I not only met some total babe on singlesnet she traveled 1k miles to see me we worked together etc.. No site is exempt from BS but the only factor that was problematic for me was the search process. You have to go thru 500 names in your area. So there's my experience only, get savy and as in sex and in computers, USE PROTECTION!