Silverleaf Resorts / charges for bonus time
Purchased a Silverleaf (Holiday Inn Club) even year unit back in 2017 and upgraded it to an annual usage in 2018 for the Bonus time. The contract stated that no cost when staying from Sunday through Thursday and $50.00/night for a Friday or Saturday night. I was recently notified that starting in 2019 when using bonus time it will now cost $25.00/night from Sunday through Thursday and $75.00/night on a Friday or Saturday. As usual, someone has to ruin a good thing by working around loopholes. The only reason we purchased the Silverleaf unit was for the bonus time. It is what made the difference in our plans to purchase. We aim to retire in a few years and would use often during the week. That plan is scrubbed now.
They are raising the rates, which are specified in the contract to apply to only FRI AND SAT to include ALL DAYS (thereby really negating the concept of bonus time since you're paying for it and I can stay a lot of places for $75/night like they are charging now on weekends). Reading through the contract, I'm wondering if it's grounds for class action because the clauses distinctly conflict, In one paragraph, it defines the cost of bonus time and then several paragraphs later gives them the right to change it at any time. In addition, some may not know but we were questioning about why there was seemingly a lot LESS bonus time available now and it came out that they have opened spots to the public instead of offering that as bonus time to owners. This seems to be in direct opposition to the concept of a club or timeshare ownership.
More Silverleaf Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- Silverleaf Resorts - I stopped paying! 
- Silverleaf Resorts - scam 
- Silverleaf Resorts - consumer fraud / scam 
- Silverleaf Resorts - silverleaf resorts 
- Silverleaf Resorts - waste of time / misleading 
- Silverleaf Resorts - charges for bonus time 
- Silverleaf Resorts - silverleaf wrong social security numbers (beware)
- Silverleaf Resorts - transfer of timeshare billing paperwork mixed up
- Silverleaf Resorts - interest may be being assessed improperly, and have been trying to get a statement for almost two months! 
- Silverleaf Resorts - silverleaf resorts / aka holiday resorts