SIFY Broadband Internet / Customer cheating

I had renewed my sify broadband 256 unlimited connection with 30days validity, but it expired in just 3 day usage. Complaint to customer care had no action. I feel my money is wasted by calling the stupid customer care person.

A  3rd of Jul, 2007 by
Sify has done the same to my broadband renewal. I renewed for 30 days validity package. That expired in 10 days only. Sify is a complete cheat company with no moral or ethical values. Don't take Sify connections. How can they call 64/128 kbps speed as "broadband" as TRAI clearly states that broadband has to be minimum speed of 256 Kbps. Sify cheats openly!! Indian consumers are blind or what.
A  11th of May, 2008 by
Some random language apears in the browser while surfing the net(eg. orkut, gmail and many more)
eg: @’¸à ›/´¸ê6šñ@’¸êH¸¸š:¦Pê6š @„( ¸ @>ã@Àÿðýó@6š @.What to do?
N  11th of May, 2008 by
I had a problem today-11.5.08. my account was valid upto 14.5.08 with balance of 107Rs. Still, since I was not sure if i will get time for renewal in coming 3 days and today being sunday, i renewed my account thinking that it will be renewed only when my current balance will be zero or when the date for account will expire i.e., 14.5.08. So i thought in the meantime i will use my 107Rs balance in showing cartoons, etc to my kids today itself. However, when i sat to access net at about 11.00pm, my balance showed 229Rs and expiry date of 10.6.08. I was shocked to see this since i had both 3 days and 107Rs to access my internet account. Sir, I am a student. I then SMSed call to 54545, but till now i have not got their call. Please can I get my balance back. I am a student and this loss of 107Rs has really upset me. can you help me get my balance back...! waiting for your reply. My no. 9811331588. i have full faith in your co-operation.thanks eram sharmin
A  21st of May, 2008 by
MY USER ID IS-JASWAL_1JKM.i got the connection the few days back, from the day one its not working i have logged a complaint number of times but they r unaware about the customer service and their way of recieving the calls for complaint is very rude which is really spoiling the image of the company.i have contacted number of times in this number 0191-2430956 to Mr. Anil Sharma i suppose who is ur manager here and he refused to entertain my complaint for non availability of time which is really humiliating.kindly ur people aware about custmer service and resolve my concerns.
A  16th of Jun, 2008 by
my user id is sg203 .I had renewed my sify broadband 128 speed (620 Pakage) connection with 30days validity, from 13.6.2008 to 16.6.2008 i not getting the proper speed and also disconnection of the sify net from past 4 days . Complaint to customer care had no action. I feel my money by calling the customer care person.They told me that they will sortout the problem within 12 hours let see wat happen .if the problem continues then ...(******************************)
N  25th of Aug, 2008 by
I connected to sify from this month and I am using Rs 550 plan and I want to
ask what is next plan so that in future I will try .
in 25 days I am able to access 15 days rest other days network is showing error pl clarify why it is happening who is responsible for that even now it is showing same problem I am sending mail from my office source.
I can wait upto this month if there is no improvement then I am not going to renew.
A  10th of Nov, 2008 by
Sify service is too bad, I have taken a 256 bytes night unlimited plan last week and i got expired withing one day. The customer care is saying that we have used 400 mb and we have to renew it. But as per the plan night 10 to morning 8 is unlimited and for day time it is 400 mb per month. But they included night usage also in 400 mb and saying that the balance is completed and we have to renew it. When we contacted customer care .no proper response. The company has no responsibility and i suggest no one should never go for sify broad band.
A  25th of Nov, 2008 by
Sify is the worst site ever. Please do not buy anything from sify. I placed an order on 13th of November and still it has not been dispatched and I really have no clue when will I finally get it. Everytime I call customer care they ask for more time. I dont know what to do now.
I want to warn everyone to stop buying anything from sify.
N  15th of Mar, 2009 by
I take the sify broadband connection. I have take the plan of 449 400mb for day and night unlimited speed 256. first month give good survice.But I had renewed my sify broadband 256 unlimited connection with 30days validity, but i check the speed its show only 98 kbps. this is a blunder cheating.
N  24th of Sep, 2009 by
Do the Sify Board take any action based on the complaints, ? i too am a sify bb user and i am very dissatisfied with the service they provide. I called the local service provider many times but they sure don't take complaints very well.
N  19th of Jun, 2010 by
mad***hod service hai koi kaam ka nahi
kabhi bhi ek message deyta unable to reach the gateway
ch*r salo ko connection nahin leyna yeh suggestion hai mera
ek se jada download karey to download disconnect hojata jaise ki unki bahen ka bf download karey
N  15th of Oct, 2011 by
i m prakash kumar thakur. about one and a half months back i was having some technical problem in my broadband so i called the customer care and the very next day they sent a person (RAHUL 9210913721) to my home. he was unable to solve the problem and he said me that if i would change my plan than my problem would be solved and that time i was in the middle of my plan of rs650 per month. i asked him clearly 4-5 times if i would face the same problem again than... he said no worry and if same problem occurs I would be refunded back the entire money and he also promised me to adjust the current month unused amount later and he recharged with amount 1800 for 3 months. the very next day i started having the same problem. u can check in your records how many times i have complaint and i have not used my connection for a single day from last 1 whole month. please refund my amount or give in written the solution. otherwise i will have to take legal action against your company. i want answer as soon as possible. i want my money back otherwise i will file case in court
praksah kumar thakur