Shutterfly / unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:
I ordered from Shutterfly.com one time in November of 2008. I noticed charges on my credit card that I didn't authorize and when I contacted the number next to the charge they told me that it was generated from Shutterfly.

Shutterfly wasn't charging it. Shutterfly had given my cc information to another company for some sort of 'shopper rewards'. When I contacted my credit card company the customer service representative told me that they've seen this often with Shutterfly.

I would strongly recommend that you avoid Shutterfly.com. They have nice products but horrible business practices.

A  25th of Aug, 2009 by
I had the same experience and am totally disgusted. I have used Shutterfly for several years and was a loyal customer. Then I noticed a $12 charge on my card for a "rewards" program. Apparently, I had signed up for something that incurred a monthly charge. When Iasked what I got for my money, I was told a coupon for $10 off my next purchase! Unfortunately, several months had gone by before I noticed the charge.

I NEVER received any benefit and NEVER knowingly signed up -- who would? They were most unsympathetic and simply claimed I had signed up for it. Not once did I ever use or receive a "reward."

I was very disappointed that a company that I thought was OK, should cheat its customers in this way.

Shutterfly Logo Shutterfly