Shoprite Checkers Giyani / bad service

Giyani Limpopo, ZA

My name is Virginia maluleke I stay in Limpopo Giyani my number is [protected], the day before yesterday I went to shoprite in Giyani town, little did I know that it was going to be the worst shopping day of my life, after I had finished shopping I went to the till points to pay for my grocery. After I had paid for everything I took off but before I could reach the shoprite door I realised that my wallet was missing, I immediately went back to the cashier whom helped me then I asked if she had seen my wallet and she said she hadn't . That's when I realised that my wallet was lost along with the sum of 1600 as well as my identity card and my bank cards. I immediately went to the manager and asked if she can help me by rewinding a footage to check what really happened. The manager told me to wait, I had to wait for over 3 hours, finally she came and told me that at shoprite they don't have footage and they don't rewind them so there's no such thing. I went to the police station to report the matter then the police officer that helped told me that if the manager of shoprite did not rewind the footage they can't help in other words they did not bother to open the case. Today I called the shoprite customer service helpline, the help I got was to go back to the police station and open a case. So I really don't understand how this works its clear to me that shoprite does not treat customers with the respect and dignity that they deserve. If someone stole from shoprite then they would know immediately because they would have something to lose but because I who is a customer lost my money and everything that defines me as a south African citizen nobody cares its not important. I don't even have money to buy my child clothes because of this, I'm deeply hurt by this.

Vi