Shoppers Discounts and Rewards / Taking money out of my account without permission

London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07983 640 847

Up-date on resolving my complaint by Shoppers Discount and Rewards

I recently submitted a complaint about Shoppers Discounts and Rewards taking money out of my account without my consent. I would like to state that I contacted them on the 6/4/2013 and on the 7/4/2013 I had a very adequate response from Mary O'Reilly who represents the company and who sorted my concerns out in an instant. On reflection I was very impressed on how my complaint was handled and the speed of which I had my money re-credited to my account. I cannot say the same for my bank whom I had contacted for several months and actually, I now believe miss informed me, in that they would write to Shoppers Discounts and Rewards to stop withdrawing money, but in fact it seems to never have happened. The message is "always do things yourself". If anyone ever notices that money has been withdrawn from their account make sure you find out who it is who has taken the money and then contact them yourself. Despite the fact that this whole situation has been unpleasant and disappointing I am nevertheless very happy at the way this problem has been resolved. Finally a word of advise for the less computer literate of us, always be careful what box you tick when they pop up on your screen and to whom you provide your bank details to. Mary clearly explained how I have apparently signed up to the scheme yet I had no knowledge of it at all.

All in all, it would have obviously been better if this had never happened but saying this I learned valuable lessons and most importantly that there is still excellent customer service. So once again, thank you Mary for representing Shoppers Discounts and Rewards in such a professional and competent manner.

Best wishes

Martha Sakulku

Ma
Apr 09, 2013

Comments

• Or
      Feb 19, 2009
    Shoppers Discounts and Rewards - Rip off
    Shoppers Discounts and Rewards
    Shelton
    Connecticut

Four months of $12 charges on my American Express business card. Unauthorized charges of which I was unaware for a service or product I did not request.

• Ev
      Mar 07, 2009
    Shoppers Discounts and Rewards - Credit Card Charge
    Connecticut

My credit card was charged for 12.00 and the charge was not arthorized. I can not reach them... Evelyn Dorris...Consumer

• Ms
      Nov 03, 2009
    Shoppers Discounts and Rewards - unauthorized billing
    Arizona

I believe this is theft when some one uses your credit card to take money monthly from your account. I ordered flowers for my Moms b-day and a thing came up to save $20.00 well since i pushed on that saving they have been taking money from my account. Where is the savings, no where did it say I would be charged for this.. Please Iam not going to pay $12.oo a month to save myself $20.00..

• Di
      Apr 14, 2013

Hi Martha,
    Thank you for that information, I to have been the victim of this scam and have just canceled my membership and contacted the company asking for a full refund since I have apparently been a member since July 2011!!!
    Kind regards Tina