Shoppers Discount / Fraudulent charges
The problems likely started when I bought something from Buy.com, and somehow my Amex account started getting billed $12.00 by Shoppers Discount. Charges in the same amount were also placed on my Amex account by a similar company, Reservation Rewards.
Altogether these companies placed approximately $180.00 on my Amex card. Amex has reversed some, but possibly not all of the charges (I need to spend more time scrutinizing some previous Amex statements.
These companies are affiliated with a Norwalk, CT-based company called WebLoyalty.com
I have reported these unauthorized charges to the office of my State Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division.
Folks, these are hard times. With the economy in meltdown mode, electronic debit scams are a growing problem. Please be vigilant. I had difficulty scrutinizing my financial statements for several months last year because of vision problems that required surgery on both eyes. Don't let these scams happen to you!
More Shoppers Discount Complaints & Reviews
- Shoppers Discount - Unauthorised payments from my account 
- Shoppers Discount - Unauthorised deductions from bank account
- Shoppers Discount - Deducting £10 from barclaycard with NO authorization
- Shoppers Discount - $12 charge
- Shoppers Discount - Taking money without my permission 
- Shoppers Discount - unauthorised subscription charges 
- Shoppers Discount - no contract ever signed