Shoppers Discount / Fraudulent charges

The problems likely started when I bought something from Buy.com, and somehow my Amex account started getting billed $12.00 by Shoppers Discount. Charges in the same amount were also placed on my Amex account by a similar company, Reservation Rewards.

Altogether these companies placed approximately $180.00 on my Amex card. Amex has reversed some, but possibly not all of the charges (I need to spend more time scrutinizing some previous Amex statements.

These companies are affiliated with a Norwalk, CT-based company called WebLoyalty.com

I have reported these unauthorized charges to the office of my State Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division.

Folks, these are hard times. With the economy in meltdown mode, electronic debit scams are a growing problem. Please be vigilant. I had difficulty scrutinizing my financial statements for several months last year because of vision problems that required surgery on both eyes. Don't let these scams happen to you!

Cl

Comments

• 0 Votes

Shopers Discount is FRAUD.
    Don't ever buy anything from BuyItDirect website as they would automatically assign you fraudulent record of Shoppers Discount and would start stealing from your card.

• 0 Votes

Dont' buy anything from BuyItDirect website as they would automatically assign you fraudulent record of Shoppers Discount and then would start stealing money from your card.