Shop Rta Cabinets / Failure to provide cabinets or refund

1 11235 Franklin Dr.Franklin Park, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-340-2227

I ordered cabinets over the phone with Frank authorizing a checking account withdrawl because Shop RTA doesn't accept credit cards "in order to pass savings along to the consumer". They were very reasonable but I was told delivery takes 2-5 weeks. At the 4 week point we took apart part of our kitchen in anticipation of delivery When 5 weeks had passed (6/13/14) I called and emailed every business day. Despite their voice mail's promise, they do NOT call back within 24 hours, they have not returned my calls once in the last 2 1/2 months I have been trying to get a refund. Shop RTA finally returned an email on 6/18/14 after I told them that we would be contacting the BBB and Illinois AG's office. Shop RTA customer service told me they did not have our bottom cabinets but could send out the uppers. I told them that we needed to get our kitchen back together soon. I asked if they could substitute another cream maple cabinet they had and I was told that was not acceptable to them as it was 3x more and that I could get a refund. I said that was fine, when could I expect my refund? They did not respond to my daily calls and emails until 6/26/14 when the Chicago area BBB intervened. We were told then that Shop RTA would be sending out our refund on 7/7/14 but to "allow ample time for delivery". Two weeks passed without a refund and again I asked the BBB to request my refund because Shop RTA wouldn't answer calls or emails. After the BBB requested a date it was sent out, Shop RTA emailed us a Chase Bank Online Payment Summary pdf with a send on date of 7/23/14 and a deliver by date of 7/30/14. I had responded asking if the refund would be mailed or deposited back in my account. They still have not responded to my emails and we still have not received our refund. Do not do business with this company. Their customer service is horrible and I believe it is at the very least negligent and more than likely a scam. Check the Chicago area BBB website before you purchase anything through Shop RTA. I wish I had

Ki
Aug 4, 2014

Comments

• Ki
      8th of Jan, 2015

Initially they could not give us a time that they could give us our back ordered cabinets. After waiting 6 weeks they had less than half of our cabinets. We had torn out part of our kitchen in anticipation of receiving them. It only made sense to get our money back. When I read how many complaints were pending against Shop RTA and I received numerous "the check is in the mail" emails (Istill have them if you would like to see them ). After the FAKE Chase Payment PDF I realized that our chances of getting out money returned were almost nil. At that point we decided that if we could get our cabinets out of them we would have to live with that. While we finally did receive our cabinets - first shipment was August 26th and the rest did not come until almost the beginning of November. Shop RTA may be trying to clean up their act because the Illinois Attorney General has gotten involved, I would recommend that you steer clear of doing business until they have done so. The Chicago Area BBB can tell you all you need to know.

12th of Jan, 2015

The customer again is INCORRECT

We are a direct importer of our cabinets and we made them fully aware of the back ordered items and they choose to wait for them.
    When they came back in stock we alerted them and shipped them as promised.

• Ki
      12th of Jan, 2015

Like I said, check with the BBB and you will see that many people have had the same issues with Shop RTA and Cabinets Direct (an associated company). We are just glad to be done with them and are happy to have gotten something for our money. Some people have not been so lucky. Check out the People Ferret Report on Frank Lamark. After you do you will understand why we gave up trying to get our money back and just focused on getting something for our money. Run, don't walk away from this company. I have had other victims contact me through these forums pretty regularly. Go with a company that takes Visa or another insured credit card so they can help you get your money back if something like this happens to you.

2nd of Feb, 2015

***Update from Company***

Please note we are a high volume dealer selling over 100+ orders all over North America every month.

This customer is INCORRECT

The customer changed their minds numerous times between waiting for back ordered items and having a refund sent to them.

2nd of Feb, 2015

We would prefer not to debate whether the customer is right or we are right in any public forum.

Fact is the customer DID receive their order. Their order was shipped via R&L Carriers : Here is the tracking # 214835724 (R & L Carriers)

Also fact is they agreed to wait for the back ordered items to come in.

We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this back ordered item has caused to Kim but first and foremost its about the product itself, the cabinets. We wish Kim the best and hope she loves her cabinets!