Sheplers.comPoor online security

Sheplers & sheplers.com allowed an order with my stolen credit card information to be placed. I tried to contact them & see who had made this charge which wrecked my account & they protected the thief. I tried to see if the person that ordered items with my credit card information had my actual address. I have two small children and would fear for their safety and my own if the person who placed this order online without my permission or knowledge that they were using my information had my address. They would not even verify the ship to address to me until I finally gave it to them. I was concerned about doing this because I had never heard of them and what if they were the ones that stole my information in the first place. After finally telling (Nick G.) my address he said it did not match
Most reputable companies do not allow orders to go through if everything in the billing address does not match the card. I wonder how long they keep on file and how secure other credit card information they receive is protected? When they billed my card it should have popped up a code for the billing address not matching. When someone places an order and this error codes come up and the ship to address does not match the billing address ALARMS should be going off.
How well do you think they protect the information you willingly give them? I would strongly caution anyone from using their site. They allow fraudulent orders to be placed and protect the criminals that place them.

Comments

• Db
      Apr 04, 2015

It's actually up to your bank or credit card company to tell the seller if it's fraudulent. In all honesty, they should be the first to know since they're the one's watching the cards activity. The company itself has absolutely no access to that information.