Shell / unsafe practices, rude customer service by station employee

Candler, NC, United States Review updated:

We have been frequenting the Boones Corner Shell gas station for years, however, this was the last time we will do ANY business with this location. On Sunday, November 27th, at approx 3:40 PM, my husband and I stopped to fill our vehicle up at pump 10. I went in to give the cashier my BiLo rewards card and wait for my husband to fill up so I could pay. My husband began filling up and came inside because another customer at pump 9 was pumping gas into his RUNNING truck, and smoking a cigarette while doing so. My husband has seen man at the station often as he sells wood out of his truck there. There were two women working, and he spoke with the cashier who had dark hair. He stated he suspected the man was a friend of theirs because he sold wood there, but that he was concerned because he was smoking while filling up his truck while it was running. She did not reply and he went back to filling our vehicle. She did, however, laugh after he walked out and then proceeded to tell the man when he came in what my husband had said. She stated he obviously did not know that if the pump blew up, it would not hurt him, only the guy pumping while smoking!! They discussed the conversation and laughed about it! I am not sure if this cashier realized the man she was making fun of was my husband, but this was definitely the RUDEST customer service I have ever experienced. It is also showed your employees have NO REGARD for the safety of your customers or your property. ( Please correct me if I misread the signage prohibited smoking, turning vehicle off, and no cell phone use while pumping gas. ) The blonde cashier waiting on me, who I believe knew he was my husband, remained polite throughout their offensive behavior.
I am not sure we will ever use another Shell gas station if this is an example of how your staff is trained to treat customer. Due to the safety issue, as well as poor customer service, we will be relaying our experience to friends and family.
Our hope is that someone at the Shell company will be as concerned about this matter as we were, and take steps to properly train employees at your gas stations.
Thank you in advance for your attention to this.
K and J Allen

Kl
Nov 28, 2016

Comments

• Cu
      Nov 28, 2016

I fully agreed with you complaint, but you are expecting shell corp to do something, that will not happen. You need to write to the actual store owner, If he/she thinks it is important they will fix it. Sorry but I have too-- Is this Hicksville or redneck town, who fills up with car running and smoking nowadays, and sells wood out of the back of his pick-up, maybe cannot read and does not have the IQ to understand symbols.