Sharp Electronics / Aquos LCD TV / brand new garbage Tv will not work

1 Canada Review updated:

I bought a Sharp aquos 32" Tv from Best buy.
Brought it home it worked for 4 weeks then the screen went totally black. The picture would come back on after cooling down but after 10 mins it would go black again with only sound. I called Best buy but since it was past 30 day they said I would have to call Sharp this I understand and accepted the responsibility to get it fixed myself.
This is where the problem begins I called Sharp Canada which is located in Quebec what a bunch of Ignorant A Holes.
I got the run around for 9 months they sent me too a Tv repair store that was now closed and out of business. Then they told me I would have to have it sent to them via Ups at my own expense otherwise I would have to drive it 200 miles to another Repair shop that was open. I choose to drive it to another shop. When I brought it there they told me this was a common problem sharp has with there Tv they did not update the software when it left the factory and this cause the lcd to burnout which is a major repair. They said they would have to send for parts. well 9 months later I still do not have my Tv no parts since there are so many problems with this Tv the company said. My advice is to stay away from this junky Tv company the quility and service is terrible

Comments

• Xv
      12th of Oct, 2009

I agree, have a 5 week old 52'' Aquos LCD stopped working, power light just flashes continually, I live in Panama and have a 6 hour drive to return to the retailer who of course will not give a refund. Will never buy a sharp product again.

• Tu
      18th of May, 2010

Sharp is a low class company. A year and six months ago, I bought a Sharp TV LC-42SB45U from Dell. Within a month, I could't get any picture. Then, Sharp sent someone to change the circuit board on a new TV. This week there is no sound and no picture. Sharp is not a good company and I will never buy their products again.

• Ly
      8th of Sep, 2010

Have a sharp 32 lcd aquos with the same problems mentioned in some of the posted complaints. picture just "blacks out" but maintains audio. Of course Sharp never heard of this happening before and referred me a local repair company. they of course, want $50 to just "look at it" and detemine the problem...then the costs escalate from there. My questions is...has anyone repaired their Sharp TV that has this problem or have you just replaced it? With the low cost of tv's today it may be better just to "trash" the Sharp.

• Me
      12th of Dec, 2010

I purchased a Sharp Aquos 60 in che 40 days ago. The day I got it, it would not turn on . In the owners manual it says to unplug it for 2 minutes and try again. I did this and it worked. At one point approximately 20 days later the same thing happened. My spidey sense was saying take it back to the store but I didnot listen. Yesterday it would not turn on at all. It still wont evne after being unplugged all night. So I tried to return it to the store (that is a different complaint:-))..long and short I have scheduled a reapir through sharp. They can come 3 days from now. They may take my tv, for how long...I think I should just get a new tv no questions asked!

• Sc
      27th of Dec, 2010

I agree!!! Sharp is selling an inferior product for top dollar. My LC-32SB24U model simply gave up, and thankfully I have an extended warrantee or I otherwise would be at a loss. The TV isn't worth the hassle of repair. I would rather have a replacement of a different brand altogether. These TV's should come with precautions.

• Ed
      10th of Feb, 2011

I bought an 32 LED TV Sharp. After 13 months of very low usage (bedroom set) the picture using the HDMI input went pink on us. Checked cable box, cable, etc... and no doubt it is the HDMI port. All HDMI ports are the same. Called Sharp and after about 10 days I was told that the Aquos Advantage (which extends the warranty by 3 months for a total of 15 months) does not apply to Canada. Now I am on my own. Good thing I bought an extended warranty from a third party. I am looking for a new large screen TV and I will be sure to NOT include Sharp in my list of possible purchases. And to think I was a big Sharp fan. Not anymore.